The Business Development Manager (BDM) role is a maternity cover contract within the Marketing & Business Development (MBD) function and the Europe, Middle East & Asia (EMEA) region at Norton Rose Fulbright.
The core responsibilities of the BDM are development of our infrastructure, mining and commodities (IMC) sector and related practice groups in EMEA. We are market leaders in a significant number of areas within IMC and this role will have high visibility with partners across EMEA.
This role reports to the Head of BD, Banking EMEA and the IMC leadership team. They will work in close cooperation with EMEA and global MBD teams and have the support of a BD Executive and our expanding Newcastle hub. They will implement strategically aligned, client focused and value-added MBD initiatives, ensuring key global, regional and practice objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for all aspects of planning and development of business development campaigns and the targeting of marketing activity (all channels)
- Work with the sector and practice leadership team and Head of Banking BD to develop and implement annual business plans, budget proposals and campaign plans for the EMEA region.
- Oversee BD activity to ensure regional objectives are met. This includes, but is not limited to, client development, profile raising, marketing and communications, pitching and event management.
- Acting as both the lead point of contact and ambassador for the sector and practice with the wider business, MBD and other key stakeholders
- Establishing a close and effective relationship with the lawyers and partners
- Producing bespoke bids, panel pitches and other client development presentations (formal and informal)
- Manage client development plans and activities
- Working closely with other MBD teams, for example, client relationship team, strategic bids, events, design and digital, and our expanding Newcastle Hub
- Overseeing relevant directory submissions
- Managing practice MBD budgets, including reporting of ROI
- Contributing and leading on best practice and being curious about the possible
- A strong background in Marketing and business development is desirable, as is experience of working in a legal/professional services/partnership environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including rigorous attention to detail and ability to adapt communication style as needed
- Confident, persuasive and assertive with the ability to use initiative
- Highly organised with a professional, confident, collaborative and proactive approach to their role
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills as there will be a need to support lawyers at different levels of seniority
- Graduate calibre with demonstrable and/or professionally recognised marketing or communications qualification (such as CIM, etc)
- Excellent project management skills - this candidate must be able to demonstrate experience of managing multiple projects and transforming a commercial issue into business development opportunity
- Leadership ability - this candidate must be able to build a strong reputation within the business and deliver excellent service
- Demonstrable experience in managing and writing bids
- Confident dealing with difficult and challenging situations, adapting approach when needed
- Must be flexible to work outside of contractual hours when needed
- A continuous improvement approach
- Managerial skills and willingness to take on additional responsibility when required
- Understands the need and has the ability to manage expectations
At Norton Rose Fulbright we welcome receiving direct candidate applications via our careers page.
If you would like to ask any specific questions beforehand, please contact Heather Steele (enquiries only please - we do not accept applications by email)
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'