My client is a leading provider of finance to retailers in the UK. They have a huge growth planned over the next year and they are looking for a number of Business Development Managers to be part of this growth.
The primary purpose of this role is to generate revenues through the identification and signing of new retailers. The target audience is retailers of big ticket items whose turnover is up to £50million.
Competencies, skills and experience
- Successful and demonstrable track record in sales and business development.
- Proven success in listening to prospects and pitching in a way that responds to their needs.
- Resilient, resourceful and tenacious.
- Effective in building relationships and creating influence over the phone.
- Resourceful, articulate and action orientated and able to deliver new business.
- Knowledge and experience of selling to the retail sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of consumer finance products would be an advantage but not a necessity.
- Well organised, attentive to detail and able to prioritise tasks.
- Able to work effectively with colleagues across the business including risk, account management and field sales.
- Meet individual new business target per annum.
- Comply with KPIs related to activity and quality ratios.
- Adhere to regulatory requirements and act professionally, ethically and with integrity at all times.
- Provide all customers with excellent and appropriate first point of contact experience and demonstrate products effectively.
- Provide senior management with feedback and reporting on pipelines and sales initiatives.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a new and exciting phase of growth and development with my client and achieve success financially, internal recognition and take advantage of excellent career progression.
Benefits to include an excellent commission structure, pension and private medical insurance.