BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - HIGHWAYS, MOD & CONSTRUCTION CIVIL ENGINEERING SECTOR
"Fantastic career development opportunity for specification sales/technical sales engineer with track record of engagement with highways, MOD and construction asset owners, designers and main contractors."
C£45-50000 + Car, Bonus & Benefits
Location: National Remit, Field Based Role
Our client, a division of a global plc, is a leader in the design, engineering and manufacture of specialist access products for the infrastructure, utility and construction markets. It operates from multiple sites, manufacturing across the UK, Europe and Australia, exporting its products to an expanding worldwide portfolio of customers. As a result of continued growth our client is now seeking to strengthen its new business, specification sales team with the appointment of a Business Development Manager to manage its highways, Ministry of Defence/MOD and civils engineering sector.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, the successful candidate will focus on asset owners, consultant engineers and main contractors within the Highways, Ministry of Defence/MOD and civils engineering sector to develop business and market development plans.
The role will be very much focused on new business development however you must have experience of specification sales, building relationships with asset owners, consultant engineers and main contractors including technical discussions about the installation of products, and management of the quotation bank, bid and tender process within the sector
Most importantly you will have a strong established network of contacts within the Highways, MOD and Construction Civil Engineering sector including asset owners, consultant engineers and main contractors.
Reporting to the Business Development Director, the successful candidate will focus on asset owners, consultant engineers and contractors to develop business and market development plans.
As the industry expert in the civils sector you will also:
- Develop commercial strategies that will achieve budget and the strategic objectives of the sector
- Create strong relationships with asset owners and key influencers, focussing on civils contractors and dedicated designers
- Ensure the specification of our client’s products and solutions on all frameworks and contracts in the highways, MOD and main civil engineering contractor sector.
- Optimise the commercial performance of the business in conjunction with the Customer Service Director
- Identify key trends, opportunities and risks and communicate same to line manager
- Identify new business targets and key accounts
- Provide market information feedback to the Marketing and Product Development departments
- Provide sector knowledge and training to customers and colleagues
- Ensure that our client’s products and solutions are specified on all highways, MOD or major civil engineering projects and the relevant applications.
The Ideal Applicant:
You will have a proven track record of dealing with asset owners, infrastructure and network designers and main contractor engineers within the highways, MOD and civils sector through to procurement; and will possess the following skills and competencies:
- A degree level education in Engineering, Business or similar.
- Currently undertaking a similar new business development, sales hunter and consultative selling role within the sector.
- Will possess an established network of contacts within the infrastructure and network design sector including highways, MOD and civil engineering main contractors.
- This must include experience of specifications, building relationships with consulting engineers and main contractors including CPD presentations, technical discussions about the installation of products and the quotation, bid and tender process.
- Articulate, with good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to see projects through from enquiry to quotation to order, maintaining contact and confidently handling objections at every stage.
- Detail oriented and familiar with CRM systems.
- Experience / knowledge of the MOD, highways and civil engineering/construction industry
- Familiar with construction site visits to undertake inspections, with strict adherence to health and safety requirements.
- Computer literate including Excel, Powerpoint and CRM systems.
- Currently undertaking a similar field based national role and comfortable with staying away for up to two days at a time to meet customers.
- Demonstrable business and commercial acumen
- Experience in identifying and delivering on new business opportunities
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Understanding of rail construction frameworks and contracts
- Extensive Account Management and sales experience
- Effective Pipeline Management
- Seasoned presentation skills
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'