Our client is a company formed by UK based and international cancer and healthcare specialists, with a world renowned Board demonstrating global experience in the field of oncology and life sciences.
With clear vision and available capital to build and operate state of the art Proton Therapy Cancer Centres in national and international markets, our client has partnered with class-leading providers, such as Philips and IBA, which will equip all the new centres to the highest specifications. Building upon the UK’s reputation for clinical excellence and through academic affiliations the Proton Beam Therapy centres will become hubs of excellence for advanced cancer treatment.
Cancer care in the UK will soon be transformed with the provision of Proton Beam Therapy treatment.
Patients will be able to take advantage of highly specialised treatment at the first Proton Beam centres to be built in the UK - in Wales, Northumberland, Thames Valley and Liverpool
Our client has started the process to build the treatment centres to address the growing global demand for innovative cancer care.
In addition to High Energy Proton Beam Therapy, all of the centres will also offer a comprehensive cancer service offering diagnostics, chemotherapy and radiation therapy and will treat NHS patients, private patients under medical insurance and self-pay patients.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will work closely with and report to the Head of Business Development to understand the local market and contribute to overall development of the business. The BDM is also charged with the implementation of the agreed strategy locally which will be reviewed via the quarterly review process.
- To be responsible for driving business growth and activity by means of the formulating and delivery of the business development strategy, fully tracking and evaluating activity.
- To develop and maintain key customer relationships to win and maintain market share of consultant practice.
- To create and implement an annual business development plan linked to revenue generation targets, with key objectives and tactics for each core customer group.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Devise, organise and implement a targeted account and relationship management programme for Consultants with volume/revenue targets agreed with the Head of Business Development.
- Develop a GP account management programme, targeting key GP practices to increase referrals and win market share with volume/revenue targets agreed with the Head of Business Development.
- Build relationships with key representatives of CCG’s and NHS Trusts and seek opportunities for NHS business growth through local contract work.
- Develop a programme of internal stakeholder management to include key internal customers including Centre Managers and team.
- Work with central marketing team to develop the tools to support the engagement programme, ensuring that the information is of a high quality and is regularly updated with innovative content.
- Undertake the regular analysis of reports and market research to monitor past performance and identify and analyse potential business expansion opportunities and advise the Head of Business Development of the same.
- Manage the local sales enquiry handling function to ensure high levels of sales through service, conversion levels and enquiries logging on the sales enquiry system.
Place of Work
Your normal place of work will be Liverpool however you may be required to travel in the course of your duties to attend meetings and other appointments. Travel and reasonable expenses will be paid in line with the Company’s Expenses Policy.
- Demonstrated strategic experience in business development
- Demonstrated ability in targeting and selling a service proposition to diverse audiences
- Demonstrated ability in managing an external relationship management programme
- Demonstrated ability in project management to plan, time and budget
- Demonstrated ability in people management to deliver a plan of activity through direct reports
- The ability to work effectively in an organisation where matrix management is key to success
- The ability to understand and manage effectively the impact of competing pressures and conflicting priorities
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years Business Development experience
- Strategic planning and budgeting experience
- Good numerical and analytical ability
- Proven ability to successfully implement projects both via personal drive and through influencing others
- Results driven, high levels of determination and initiative
- Ability to build relationships with all customer groups including all stakeholders
- Experience of working in a competitive, commercial market place
- Possessing high levels of initiative
Experience of working within Healthcare, Medical or Life Sciences sectors would be an advantage but not essential
- Business Development
- Presentation Skills
- Strategic Planning
- Building Relationships
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job