Position: Business Development Manager
Industry: Freight Forwarding - Air/ Ocean Freight
Location: Heathrow/ London - Field Based
Salary:£35,000 - £45,000 Basic + Car Allowance & An Industry Leading Commission Structure
Mode 3 Executive search has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and self motivated sales person to join thriving, privately owned freight forwarding company which specialise in providing air and ocean freight solutions.
This role will involve meeting with customers face to face in order to promote the services that the company has to offer. You will be responsible for generating new business opportunities but will gain significant support from a telesales and sales support team to assist with RFQ's, appointment making and proposals.
This opportunity would be well suited to a target driven individual who has previous experience within the freight forwarding sector. You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to develop strong relationships with clients at all levels.
A proven track record of success in freight forwarding sales is preferable however we will also consider individuals from a key account management background, or a high achieving inside sales person who is ready to take a step forward in their career.
This position will be a field based role, however the successful individual will be required to report into the office at least one day a week.
Daily duties include:
- Pro-actively seeking new business opportunities throughout the South of the UK
- Arranging meetings
- Establishing and understanding clients needs and expectations
- Attending face to face appointments with perspective customers
- Promoting the company's air and ocean freight services with a focus on both imports and exports
- Liaising with the operations team, other UK branches and overseas offices
- Managing a portfolio of customers
- Meeting/ exceeding company KPI's
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience of working within the freight forwarding sector, ideally within a commercially focused position
- Strong relationships building skills
- Hard working with a professional and proactive approach
- Full UK driving license (essential)
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly progressive company that offer excellent career development, industry leading commission, and excellent service levels to their customers. If you a ready to explore new opportunities and want to work for a successful company that understand the importance of their employees, please apply now.
Should your application be successful, you will be contacted within 5 working days for a confidential discussion regarding this position to further establish your suitability. Unfortunately we are unable to respond to all applicants due to the high volume of total applications received.
Mode 3 Executive Search Ltd is an independent recruitment consultancy providing specialist talent finding services. Principally we operate within Supply Chain & Logistics, Freight Forwarding, Shipping and the wider Global Transportation markets. We are always keen to connect with talented individuals working in Freight Forwarding, Freight Management, Import Freight, Export Freight, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Road Freight, Project Freight Forwarding, Supply Chain, International Logistics, Shipping, International Removals and International Relocation Management.
- Field Sales
- Import Export
- Sales Executive
- Freight Forwarding