About FinTech Connect - a division of IQPC Ltd
FinTech Connect produce the UK’s leading (and largest) financial technology expo - both in terms of attendees and exhibitor numbers: FinTech Connect Live. We are looking for strong business developers to join the team to help take it to the next level.
FinTech Connect Live already attracts 4000 visitors and 150 exhibitors to London, but there remains much scope to further increase the size of the exhibition, the number of conference sponsors and the visitor base, in line with the enormous growth of the global financial technology sector.
In addition, there are ambitious plans to launch satellite FinTech Connect events into new global markets from 2018, so it is important that candidates can concept sell and clearly articulate new event models.
Is this you?
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for developing new business relationships and securing sponsorship and exhibition investment on the team’s flagship event: FinTech Connect Live as well as the new associated geo-clones. FinTech Connect Live is a full 'eco-system’ exhibition and series of conferences with exhibitors ranging from stealth mode start ups to blue chip technology providers. Current event sponsors and partners include organisations such as Oracle, Citrix, Experian, Schroders, Pinsent Masons and many more.
An interest in technology and finance is a must, due to the evolving landscape of the sector and the requirement to be able to talk the 'language’ of our customers. A background in financial events is preferred but not essential.
2018 is a key year for FinTech Connect Live as the event continues along a fast track towards significant scale. There are multiple opportunities to sell to an enormous universe of prospects, and many ways to increase yield, and upsell to existing customers. You just need the appetite to make it happen.
We will require you to inject growth into the business by securing new commercial partners while taking ownership for sales on key conference elements within the event, as well as nurturing and developing relationships with existing customers.
The team behind FinTech Connect adopt a truly collaborative approach and you will need to come to project meetings armed with more than just a pipeline, but a clear view on what the key drivers and inhibitors are for your market too. We need people in the team who have original ideas and embrace new product concepts - people who can adapt and operate fluidly at all times.
You will need to be an awesome new business sales person, able to concept pitch to senior decision makers, confident in the knowledge that Fintech Connect Live serves a true need for market stakeholders. It is essential that you enjoy arranging and attending external customer meetings and thrive in social and networking environments. Sometimes you will need to go to international meetings and events.
You will have worked in a fast paced sales environment before (ideally events but other areas of media also considered). The keys to success are hunger, ownership and drive to succeed.
Business Development Manager Requirements
- Maintain a thorough understanding of our products, the industry and the competitors
- Maintain regular contact with clients and formulate innovative, creative and profitable solutions for their business
- Maintain close liaison with the marketing, production and operations teams in order to ensure the delivery of successful customer focused events
- Attend weekly training sessions designed for the sponsorship sales department
- Conduct monthly revenue forecasts, sales reports and manage a sales pipeline
- Identify potential customers from competitive media, events and from other business sources
- Able to successfully work towards both short and long term project targets
The Ideal Candidate
- A highly ambitious individual who is looking for a career move
- A track record in business to business sales (ideally sponsorship or media sales)
- A solid sales process and/or previous sales training
- Business acumen and strong commercial awareness
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of clients at all levels
- A desire to develop themselves as a sales professional
- Experience of selling on large scale exhibitions or conferences is desirable
- Business Development