Are you an extraordinary business developer with a track record in conference or exhibition sales, looking for the next step in your career? Would you find it rewarding to directly contribute towards the growth of a start up business, while enjoying the security and benefits of working within the broader framework of an established event powerhouse? If the answer to these is yes then read on…
FinTech Connect is a start up division of global event organizer, IQPC Ltd. In just 3 years, the team have launched and established the UKs leading financial technology expo - www.fintechconnect.com - which is attended by 5000 visitors, 175 exhibitors and features multiple on-site conferences, workshops and live demos.
Financial technology (FinTech) is a dynamic, fast evolving market, and London is one of (if not THE) greatest global hubs for innovation. Taking place at ExCeL every December, FinTech Connect is the most exciting gathering of it’s type in Europe, bringing together major financial institutions, investors and entrepreneurs, to benchmark and review the bleeding edge technologies that are changing the way that consumers and businesses pay, save, borrow and lend. It is a major industry gathering with big brand sponsors, speakers and attendees, and massive potential for future growth.
Following the enormous growth of the event in its early years, we are looking for a fantastic business development manager to join the team and contribute towards future growth and success. The role will suit someone with a proven track record in event sales, who is able to concept pitch to senior decision makers, confident in the knowledge that Fintech Connect serves a true need for market stakeholders. It is essential that you enjoy arranging and attending external customer meetings and thrive in social and networking environments. Sometimes you will need to go to international meetings and events.
FinTech Connect continues along a fast track towards significant scale and plans are afoot to launch the brand into new geographic markets in future years. There are multiple opportunities to sell to an enormous universe of prospects, and many ways to increase yield, and upsell to existing customers while providing excellent value and service. You just need the appetite to make it happen.
We will require you to inject growth into the business by securing new commercial partners while taking ownership for sales on key conference tracks within the event, as well as nurturing and developing relationships with existing customers. In return you will be generously remunerated and rewarded.
Business Development Manager Requirements
- A hunter mindset, and the ability to articulate a complex event proposition
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry, our competitive positioning and value proposition
- Keep regular contact with clients and formulate innovative, creative and profitable solutions for their businesses
- Liaise closely with colleagues in marketing, production and operations in order to ensure the delivery of successful customer focused events
- Conduct regular revenue forecasts, sales reports and manage a sales pipeline and data using CRM
- Identify potential customers from competitive media, events and from other business sources
- Able to successfully work towards both short and long term project targets
The Ideal Candidate
- A highly ambitious individual who can contribute ideas to the event mix
- A track record in business to business sales (ideally sponsorship or media sales)
- An interest in the financial markets and/or emerging technology would be advantageous
- A solid sales process and/or previous sales training
- Business acumen and strong commercial awareness
- A self motivated pipeline builder
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of clients at a senior level
- A desire to develop themselves as a sales professional
- Experience of selling on large scale exhibitions or conferences is desirable
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"