Business Development Manager
Overview of the role
We’re on the hunt for an ambitious and energetic Business Development Manager to help us expand our ever growing pub company. The kind of person we look for will have high energy and is able to adapt in an ever changing landscape. We want someone with a passion for problem solving and coaching that supports their teams in a multi-site area management role. If this you – if so please stay with me a little bit longer and read on….
You’ve probably heard of us as we are the UK’s largest pub retailer, we’ve more than doubled in size over the last year and things are constantly changing! We have a strong and diverse estate with over 3,000 pubs, hotels and restaurants spanning from Hungry Horse to Chef & Brewer. We focus on delivering exceptionally good value, genuine service and consistent quality to all of our guests.
To offer you an insight into what a Business Development Manager is responsible for here at Greene King, we’ve captured the key elements …
Engaging Your Team
- Selecting the right people to fit the right pub
- Firm and goal oriented leadership that motivates, engages and inspires others
- Emphasis on building rapport and relationships with an outgoing, poised and influential communication style
- Manage performance by clearly defined expectations, providing reward and recognition
- Identify and resource talent while seeking future leaders
- Improving guest service by being a role model and coaching your teams
- Ensuring all teams are trained and provided the tools to deliver the Guest Journey
- Encouraging your teams to grow the business by continually improving guest satisfaction
- Inspiring your teams to provide the right environment for our guests to return to
- Understanding the commercial context of competitor activity and the external influences of the guest
- Give clarity on operations plan and cascade clearly to your teams
- Strong retail disciplines in value, service and quality
- Drive performance through Team – Guest – Profit
- Focus on achieving results which are aligned to the bigger picture of Greene King and its strategic goals
- Driving performance and profits by focusing on sales and ‘acting local’
- Achieving performance objectives and results in changing business conditions
- Understanding of profit levers driving conversion through middle lines on the P&L
Is this you?
- You can demonstrate a longstanding track record in multi-site area management roles
- You have previous experience as an Area Manager in a Hospitality business, or a leading multi-site Retailer
- You can juggle a variety of activities and get things done quickly
- You have a competitive drive and the ability to stay focused on results despite rapidly changing business conditions
- You are innovative and creative in generating business ideas
- You are a fast learner – this role will require you to work with a number of tools and systems (don’t worry we provide the training)
What we’ll give you
- A competitive salary and benefits.
- A career: where are you heading next? We’ll help you get there by facilitating your development.
- A bonus plan: measured against your objectives
- A company car: to get you from A to B
- Fantastic benefits and perks that can be used across the Greene King estate
If you think you would be a great fit to join our fast paced business we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Manchester, UKReference Code 1099198
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job