Our client are the UK's premier parcel and carrier management company, with partnerships with the UK's top carriers enabling them to provide an enhanced delivery service through the use of their technology and proactive customer care team.
Due to continued growth of 30% year on year, our client are looking to add a high level Business Development Manager within the PETERBOROUGH, CAMBRIDGESHIRE, WARWICKSHIRE, NORTHAMPTONSHIRE, BEDFORDSHIRE and BUCKINGHAMSHIRE including all postcode areas of PE, CB, MK, NN, LU and CV incorporating Milton Keynes, Coventry, Luton and Northampton. To apply you need a strong background within International or UK Express Parcels, Fulfillment, e-commerce, re-seller or 3PL Logistics. This role will focus on high level new business, acquiring larger, higher value clients with a sales target of an achievable £500,000 target.
Senior business lead for the continuous development of Commercial Sales to ensure the continued growth of our clients profile through acquisition of new customers. To drive the companies turnover through agreed sales strategy.
Self-driven, reliable and hardworking individual with a clear focus on new business sales. Excellent communication skills and telephone manner. Must be well presented and professional. business-like. Able to work extended hours, as required.
Main areas of responsibility
* To develop a portfolio of prospects through agreed channels
* Gain and implement new business opportunities for our client whilst maximising revenue and margin for our client
* Develop and implement an approach to secure competitors in the shortest time possible.
* Ensure strategic management of customer relationships in order to drive highest possible levels of service to protect customer relationship and to identify extra opportunities within customer, associated companies, suppliers and peer groups.
* Develop and implement a sales plan and call cycle that incorporates initiatives for identifying and gaining new business and maximises revenue in order to exceed sales targets of existing major account customers to achieve the individual sales (volume and profitability) targets
* Manage all customer-related service information by communication to the Supplier Manager in order to resolve customer issues and protect customer relationship.
* Monitor customer performance, loyalty and satisfaction to measure success, business fluctuation and possible business at risk. Take appropriate corrective action.
* Continuously develop our clients knowledge, commercial awareness and own skills and abilities in order to provide the best possible standard of sales practices and maximise own contribution to selling process.
* Promote our clients brand image and values through own appearance and behaviour so that it reflects our clients high standards and develops customers' relationship
* Ability to understand customers IT and despatch infrastructure in order to mould our clients solutions to support appropriately.
* Min 3-5 years sales background in a consultative selling environment within the express distribution industry
* Business/commercial acumen
* Proven success in acquisition of new business
* Proven success in management of existing relationships
* Self-motivated, ambition to succeed
* Experience of relationship building and management at Board level
* Ability to communicate at all levels
* Experience in a segmented service industry
* Experience in logistics industry
* Ability to develop IT systems understanding
* Strong ability to impact and influence
* Excellent interpersonal understanding
* Strong achievement drive and initiative, self-starter
* Team player
* Excellent communication skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job