LMB Recruitment are representing an established training provider in their recruitment of a Business Development Manager.
- Promotion of apprenticeships and commercial training to local and national employers.
- Meet and exceed such targets, Key Performance Indicators and success indicators that are set and agreed.
- Develop and maintain long term relationships with employers that focus on providing them with a holistic service aligned with product and service offer, in order to provide job and skills opportunities aligned to customer need.
- To conduct Organisation Needs Analysis or Training Needs Analysis with employers to identify and broker job, apprenticeships, work experience, and internship vacancies or positive progression routes.
- Engage with key stakeholders, as directed and agreed with the management team, to maximise the benefits for employers and customers.
- Promote services to employers via meetings organised by the Sales Executive Team or via phone calls, emails, face to face visits, direct marketing activity, presentations and networking.
- Negotiate sales and persuade to gain commitment to or the programmes operates.
- Capture good news stories from stakeholder and employer partnerships and feedback regularly to line manager and marketing.
- Record all contact with employers through customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Maintain regular face-to-face contact with relevant customer Case Managers and delivery partners to ensure that job/placement opportunities are appropriate for their customers.
- Ensure that all vacancies are recorded and cascaded on CRM for cascaded and are followed up as appropriate.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Further Education, apprenticeships, commercial training and standalones.
- Knowledge of SFA funds and other schemes essential
- Strong Business Development Skills.
- Must have worked in business development within the training industry
- Previous experience in working in a target driven environment
- The ability to work across multiple targets, and manage priorities effectively.
- Ability to network effectively and maximise business development opportunities.
- Strong relationship building skills (internal & external)
- Good presentation and networking skills ( internal and external stakeholders)
- Ability to negotiate and influence outcomes.
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Outward looking and aware of wider local area policies and initiatives.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be expected to undergo a DBS check and submit 2 working references.
- Business Development
- Further Education