Our client, a leading multi-disciplinary management consultancy organisation serving clients within the Defence, Aerospace and National Security sectors is looking to recruit a Business Development Manager to join its growing team.
The successful candidate will be key to the growth of this business as well as the wider business portfolio, and as such they will have the ability to demonstrate a strong track record in winning business, ideally in the UK defence, aerospace or national security markets.
You will be required to evidence a strong personal network which is clearly still growing, as well as generating new business through new networking opportunities and direct approaches.
- Proven business development skills will include; Identifying and building relationships with potential customers;
- Assisting customers in developing relevant requirements;
- Working with technical and commercial staff to develop formal and informal bids and tender documents;
- Contract negotiation and closing deals;
- Market analysis;
- Demonstrable leadership skills;
- Strong presentational and interpersonal skills;
- Account management
Applicants should possess a natural authority and persuasive leadership style with strong interpersonal skills used to engage at a senior level with customers. someone who is dedicated, self-motivated, proactive, and adaptable. This is a senior appointment offering considerable autonomy and will report directly to the Business Development Director.
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- Business Change Consultancy: MOD Procurement; Performance Management; Process Management
- Tools & Methodologies: Campaign and capture planning; Bid Writing; Business Case generation; P3M; Shipley
- Applications: Competent in the use of the full suite of MS Office applications; experience in utilising or; knowledge of solutions using data to improve process and business performance
- Markets: Knowledge and experience of selling directly to Defence, Aerospace or National Security markets.
- Other: Proven business development skills including formulation of business strategy.
Desirable Skill Requirements:
- Business Change Consultancy: Logistics; Platform Maintenance; Business Intelligence; Contracting for Availability/Support; System Integration/Implementation
- Tools & Methodologies: Business Planning; Strategic marketing
- Other: Consultancy/technical/engineering background; Knowledge and design of business development processes; Experience in promoting / marketing service offerings using digital platforms
The successful candidate will be required to hold, or be in a position to qualify for Security Clearance.