Business Development Manager
Aftermarket Parts / Components
A Territory Sales Manager / Field Sales Executive is required to build and develop new and existing business of automotiveparts & components into the aftermarket sector. This is an exciting opportunity with a global blue-chip manufacturer.
Ideally located – Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dumfries, Berwick, Aberdeen, Dundee, Elgin, Fort William, Belfast, Dublin
The majority of the time will be spent in Scotland and the Border region.
Competitive Salary (Basic + Bonus) + Company Car & Benefits
Our client is a major supplier of automotive parts and components to both OE and aftermarket sectors, and this role is based within their Independent Aftermarket division.
- Responsible for achieving set salestargets within the region. Having a re-active and pro-active approach to the company’s range of parts / components.
- Achieve and report on agreed sales targets with responsibilityfor all pricingactions to deliver agreed grossmarginbudgets.
- Work closely with customers to understand their needs, to develop, support, and growbusiness.
- Provide call sheets detailing work carried out and actions required, continually reporting on market conditions and providing competitor data.
- To advise on requirements for futuredevelopment of productsand services.
- Demonstrate the features and benefits of the products to wholesalers and their customers, and provide suitable trainingand aftersales support.
- To carry out all tasks / goals or projects, whether working individually or as part of a team.
- Act as an ambassador for the brand, ensuring that the company is perceived by customers as a professional supplier that is easy to do business with.
- Ideally, an experienced field sales professional within the automotive aftermarket sector, with a sound knowledge of potential/existing aftermarketcustomers. E.g. Major factors, distributors, buying groups, nationals and independents in the area.
- A strongcommunicator with the ability to effectively build and maintainbusinessrelationships and negotiate at all levels.
- Possessing a sound technical knowledge and confident presenting the features of benefits of the products and selling on quality rather than price.
- Organised with excellent time management ability. Able to work on initiative and possessing a strong mix of sales / marketing / product management skills.
- Financially astute and commercially aware, able to negotiate supply contract.
- Computer literacy is essential. Familiarity with SAP would be advantageous.
Apply in Confidence
Julian is an ethical IRP registered recruiter and will deal with your application in strict confidence. If your application is successful, you will be contacted directly by Julian and he will talk you through in detail the full company role and specifics.
Don’t delay, we’re hiring now, apply today!
JOB REF 2756JCGC
Glen Callum Associatesare a leading automotive and industrial recruitment agency for sales, operational and marketing positions. We have an impressive client base of market leading manufacturers and distributors and are dedicated in providing candidates with advice, support and assistance in their recruitment search. Our consultants have valuable senior sales, marketing and operational experience within organisations within the automotive and industrial industry, allowing us to share an empathy with both client and candidate alike.
By applying for this role you accept the iProfile terms and conditions (terms) and agree to receive email notification of other suitable jobs