Business Development Manager, Audiovisual Products, North of England. £35,000 Basic Salary, £50,000 OTE + Car + Benefits. This is a brilliant role within a highly sales led business that is ideal for a business development oriented field sales professional with at least one year's experience within A/V Products. Supported by a dedicated telesales team and a very forward-thinking marketing strategy your role is to build up a dedicated A/V team within this very established office equipment provider. The telesales team will follow your strategy to book appointments and you will have full access to existing accounts to cross-sell in audiovisual products. Based upon your success, there is a real opportunity for this this role to develop into spearheading your own A/V dedicated team within eighteen months.
With over 20 years' experience in the field the company are recognised as a regional market leader and respected for their ethical approach to business across the North of England. Accounts are currently 60% Education and 40% commercial with a heavy emphasis in the North West of England where their HQ is based.
The role requires proven field sales experience within AudioVisual products and the ideal candidate will have previous experience of selling into Education. Applications are welcomed from telesales people with significant A/V sales experience and some field exposure looking for their first field sales break. The company use CRM systems highly effectively and invest significantly into their marketing strategy to ensure they retain their dominant position. The culture is competitive yet professional.
You will be used to managing a large area and working with your telesales 'buddy' to effectively plan two-week cycles to ensure your time is maximised. Commonly attending 10 to 15 meetings per week (new business and follow-up calls), your success will be rewarded with a fantastic commission scheme that is straightforward and attainable together with the opportunity to progress into sales management.
So, what's needed?
* A great communicator who is able to quickly build credible relationships with senior-level customers.
* Field sales experience within AudioVisual Equipment and the ability to prove at interview your abilities to sell. You will be expected to provide evidence of your over achievement within a sales team
* A well-presented sales professional that enjoys working to KPI's and proven methodologies to maximise sales
* A solution oriented and consultative approach to sales.
* A self-motivated and driven individual with a positive outlook that is always looking to learn new skills.
* An ability to 'hold the hand' of the client along the path to a sale and the patience to support them through which can often be quite a convoluted procurement process.
* An ability to effectively plan a patch so that your 'face time' with clients is maximised
* Good understanding of CRM and basic software skills
* An individual that is professional, well rounded and well presented
As the role has a high emphasis into the education sector you will also be expected to attend Child Safeguarding training and a Basic CRB (now known as Disclosure and Barring Service or DBS check) will be taken pre-offer.
To apply please email your CV to
This vacancy is being advertised by Aaron Wallis Recruitment and Training Limited operating as an Employment Agency, registered in England No. 6356563
- office equipment