Business Development Manager (Asia)
Travelopia is a pioneer in the specialist travel sector, with a portfolio of more than 50 independently operated brands, most of which are leaders in their sector. Sailing adventures, safaris, sports tours, Arctic expeditions - our brands are as diverse as they are exciting, creating unforgettable experiences for customers across the world. www.travelopia.com
Travelopia covers a portfolio of water based holiday companies, including 1,500 yachts in its yachts business under its two leading brands 'The Moorings’ (www.moorings.com) and 'Sunsail’ (www.sunsail.com ).
Key features of role:
• Play pivotal role in transferring key messages to all Asian markets via multi-channel Distribution. Act as internal ambassador for Yachts, The Moorings and Sunsail.
• Responsible for new contact engagement and bookings
• Attend Boat Shows, Travel Shows, and other events pertaining to help growing brand awareness. Also, schedule visits to Yacht Clubs to present on our brands and help drive future sales.
• Seek out companies that would be interested in chartering as a group. Present to large corporations for our Corporate Program growth.
• Understand the work of different markets and help share best practice across the business
• Be the customer champion
• Answer sales inquiries online or via phone when needed.
• Create a momentum for change - help drive new initiatives that will benefit the business
• Develop and help implement appropriate marketing strategies to ensure successful uptake of all that’s new to The Moorings and Sunsail
Central marketing communications
• Create and co-ordinate all marketing activity that benefits all markets i.e. brochures, customer materials etc. Act as central resource for all queries/activities.
• Co-ordinate all initiatives alongside brochure production - keep The Moorings and Sunsail at the forefront of all that’s new within the industry and ensure the brochure maintains competitive edge
• Leverage powerful social media tools in order to increase visibility for both brands.
• Ensure our Yachts news is shared across the business; create a credible forum for upward & downward communications
• Help plan agenda for annual conference to create corporate framework for core messages, coupled with day-to-day business celebrations
What we are looking for:
• Excellent commercial acumen
• Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills with a professional approach
• Strong innovator and ability to project manage implementation of ideas
• Exceptional presentation skills
• Problem solving skills with the ability to take important decisions on Product
• Experience of managing and driving campaigns and product in multi-site operations
• Self starter with the ability to travel for sustained periods of time
• PC literate with PowerPoint, Excel and Word skills
• Educated to degree level or similar
• Minimum of 3 years in a Sales, Senior Product or Marketing Role
• Previous Marine/ Travel Industry experience preferred
• Passion for Yachting , Power & Sail a plus
• Speak multiple languages ( English, Thai and Chinese a plus )
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job