The Strategic Business Development Manager is responsible for leading the efforts in Strategy Development and Technology commercialisation for growth in our key markets; Agrochemicals, Pharmaceutical and Flavours and Fragrances with specific emphasis in the Agrochemicals sector.
The job holder will play a key role in driving the growth of the business to meet budgeted targets and future key growth expectations. With the support of the Market Research team, the incumbent will develop growth scenarios based on analysis and assessment of the markets and will provide detailed recommendations to the Life Science Technologies business to enable the organisation to make informed strategic decisions. The role will lead the execution of those plans supported by the New Business Development organisation.
- Identify new disruptive technologies and assist in the identification of potential new assets, products or markets by undertaking detailed market analysis, discussions with customers and market leaders and any other activities necessary to gain knowledge and information on the market
- Define and implement long-term business and market growth strategies globally, ensuring all profitability and budgetary constraint aspects are fully considered
- Collaborate with the commercial team to deliver accurate short and long term sales plans in our existing markets, with specific emphasis in the Agrochemicals market, to demonstrate year on year revenue delivery; managing risk and implementing mitigation as appropriate
- Undertake detailed market and competition analysis and play a key role in identification of key partners and potential acquisitions to deliver our growth ambitions
- Develop and expand new business leads and customer contacts whilst enhancing established relationships
- Develop customer / market intimacy in order to define product & technology requirements for the business
- Provide market overview on key technologies to help drive forward our development actions
- Support the launch of new products and technologies in to the markets
- Translate market intelligence to our positioning with respect to the competition in order to generate market and revenue growth to meet the needs of a diverse customer base
- Develop cross functional linkages with teams across the globe in order to deliver the strategic agenda
- Provide timely and accurate monthly reporting narrative and business review to senior leadership
Are you the ideal candidate?
- A minimum BSc in Chemistry or related field
- Demonstrable knowledge and proven experience in the Agrochemicals Market.
- People Management experience
- Passionate, self-motivated and influential with excellent communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English required
- This role will include significant global travel (40-50%)
Johnson Matthey Plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job