Established in 2009 this tech start-up works with leading research organisations around the world to help them identify, capture and report the impact of their work, this is achieved through a range of services including training workshops, consultancy services and it’s unique proprietary platform which tracks the environmental impact of research projects.
You will join the business to support activities relating to product administration, new client demonstrations and audience insight. The company’s platform allows university research departments to measure the impact of their projects which is vital when applying for further government funding and so adds great value to these institutions.
This is a 6-month internship paying £23,000 - £25,000, pro-rata with the potential to convert to a permanent job paying £25,000 - £30,000.
The early stages of this internship will be based from the Kings Cross office during the training period. After which you will join the company workflow which entails working in Kings Cross 2 days per week, in Bourne End 1 day per week and remotely 2 days per week. This ratio can change depending on work commitments.
Full training will be provided.
• Update the CRM system that tracks new customer progress and what stage of the "on-boarding" process they are at.
• Perform sales presentations to demonstrate how the platform tracks and measures the impact of research projects.
• Support potential client universities, where appropriate, when they trial using the platform.
• Communicate with institutional representatives and/or senior management to support new client universities with proposed engagement plans etc.
• Be able to respond to potential client queries about using the platform, troubleshooting where possible and raising with the Development Team as required.
• Perform product demonstrations with prospective client universities
• Coordinate and collaborate with other teams within the company to help prepare proposals, business cases with cost justification.
• Manage potential client needs and expectations and identify opportunities for adding further value to them e.g. specific training needs, or, suggestions for additional functionalities.
• Coordinate with the Digital Marketing Manager qualify identified leads.
• Approach new potential clients in international key regions about how they measure the impact of their research projects you will approach through prospects through internet research, cold emailing, networking at industry events and cold calling research departments.
• Organise and manage potential client’s contact lists for marketing purposes.
• Analyse traffic data from website and social media visits to understand customers better.
• Analyse data from training and webinar attendees to identify new leads for the sales and training teams.
• Project co-ordination support for international Universities, corporates and potential partnership opportunities.
Who Fits the Bill?
• Educated to degree level.
• An interest to help institutions better understand the environmental impact of their work.
• Ability to build and maintain rapport with potential clients.
• Enthusiastic to engage with new technology platforms.
• An interest in building and managing sales pipelines, account management & gaining forecasting experience.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to co-ordinate at all levels (internally and externally)
• Flexibility to travel (locally and nationally) to build client relationships.
• Disciplined with excellent time management skills.
• Proactive and independent (this role involves remote working).
Bonus Points For:
• Excellent Office spreadsheet (e.g. pivot tables), word and presentation skills
• Research/Impact experience/background
• IT/SaaS systems experience/background
• Willingness to be flexible with time zones
• Previous multi-stakeholder management experience
• Previous sector experience - University, Research &/or R&
• Fluency in a second language.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'