Our client creates professional workspaces for people who want to work in new ways, but also need a business-class experience. They have established an 18 year track record of delivering outstanding client care. Our approach is to blend new ways of working with a business class experience. Offering stunning communal spaces and inspiring design, alongside smartly presented, professional teams. Based in the heart of London City.
We’re proud of our workspaces - and we know you will be too.
Overall purpose of the role
The BDE role is to work alongside the Head of Meeting Rooms to grow existing clients and to find new clients.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Preparation and delivery of a Meeting Room Monthly Action Plan
- To close potential new clients and in turn upsell the booking.
- Follow up/contact the potential clients to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Identify the decision makers within a client’s organisation.
- Build rapport with new clients.
- Set up viewings where required
- To handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing with the prospective clients.
- Build relationships with the Booking Agents.
- Achieve the budgeted MR number for the month, in the month, and the forward order budget
- Maintain accurate record of client contacts and requirements
- Build new business, and revenue generating opportunities, by liaising with Business Development Managers, Agents, Brokers
- Complete sales tours in line with company procedure, raising proposals and negotiating rates in line with yield management directives
- Maximise food and beverage sales, video conferencing and any other ad hoc sales
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on market and creative trends.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Liaising with BDM and Meeting Room Team to maximise central opportunities
- Use the appropriate documents to record the client base
Booking & Reservations
- Fully conversant with the booking system
- Validate bookings and ensure clients are contacted prior to event to check booking details
- Responsible for the achievement of meeting room target
- Provide BDM & Meeting Room Director with accurate forecasting figures for current month and future and remedy any shortfall to achieve budget through business development.
- Ensure CM/CSAs are fully briefed on bookings, and to provide a high level of service delivery.
- Ensure that all bookings are set up and executed exactly as the client has requested.
- Maintain a Client file for future revenue opportunities
- Operate to agreed company policies and procedures
Health and safety Management:
- Comply with all health and safety practices as set out in the Health and Safety Policy.
- Manage projects relating to the centres and the business as required.
A self-motivated, dynamic, professional, flexible and resilient individual with the ability to problem solve, delegate, multi-task, plan and organise. With strong communication skills and the ability to work under pressure whilst balancing the interests of staff, clients and the business. Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as determined by the needs of the centre and the business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job