Our client, based in the Wakefield area, is an award winning employer who have been listed as one of the best companies to work for by The Sunday Times. They offer cutting edge and market leading IT hardware and software solutions, pride themselves on their exceptional customer service and as a result have a 99% customer base who would recommend them. They are dedicated to creating an atmosphere where people can enjoy their jobs and recognise the need for fun, encourage humour and celebrate success. They turnover 19 million and as part of their continual growth plans they now seek to appoint a Strategic Business Development Executive to join their existing sales team.
Your role will be to pro-actively manage and create a new business sector pipeline based on strategically important industries, whilst working in close collaboration with their Corporate Team. You will support in growing these sectors in line with the company vision for an Elite Corporate Team. You will create highly qualified, quality appointments using various methods to open doors into new companies for our field-based Corporate Team to close sales.
- Accurate and quality data input and management in the CRM system
- Creating campaigns and strategies to reach out to new opportunities with the sector
- Gaining sector knowledge and insights in order to be an ‘expert’ in the sector
- Cold-calling to book quality and qualified appointments
- Keep up to date on industry changes and insights
- Educated to GSCE, A level or equivalent, You will have a proven track record in telephone sales in the business to business sector
- You will have strong communication skills with the ability to influence customers and uncover potential opportunities
- Be self-motivated and possess an excellent telephone manner
- Strong listening and questioning skills
- A very competitive commission structure is in place to incentivise the correct level and quality of appointment generation, and to also reward the success of business generated by the sales team on these appointments.
For the right person, this role comes with a career path leading to field sales or management based on meeting expected KPIs