Business Development Executive
My client is a thriving business that has become an industry leader within their sector. Due to continued expansion over the last decade they are now looking for a passionate, sales focused Business Development Executive to join their vibrant business based in Harrogate.
My client is looking for someone who is a strong communicator, determined, results driven with a proven sales track record. Your success in this role will have a direct impact on the success and expansion of the entire business.
- Hunting for new business through your own proactive research and targeting relevant clients through outbound B2B cold calling. This is not a call centre role working off an automatic dialler with a million KPIs, so you will need to be self-motivated and disciplined and work on your own initiative
- Developing lapsed accounts or old customers that have previously purchased/enquired. Consulting with these businesses to uncover a new sales opportunity
- Tailoring a package to suit needs, must have a consultative sales approach with the ability to influence, negotiate and sell without being 'pushy’
- Building valued, trustworthy, long-term business relationships is vital within this role as customers will become continuous, multiple buyers so you must know how to nurture these relationships
- Organising your day properly and conducing enough new business activity alongside developing existing accounts. You will need to have a methodical approach to your work and create objectives and deadlines for yourself
- Working to targets, whether it’s revenue based or led by account acquisition. You must be comfortable working under sales pressure with expectations to deliver
- Keeping other departments updated as well as the Directors of the business. Discussing your sales strategies with the hierarchy so that the full businesses expansion plans can be realised
- Being a team player and blending in with the rest of the staff. Culture fit is massively important so it’s imperative you gel well. They are not looking for a cocky sales person, they are looking for a confident one
- Minimum of 2 years solid business development experience is an absolute must. And preferably within the IT or Telecoms sector as the role will prove to be a technical sales position
- Someone that loves sales and generating/winning new business
- Proven track record in sales with sales figures. These would need to be backed up at interview stage so don’t just pluck numbers from the air!
- You must be comfortable with the full sales life cycle, this role won’t be suitable for Lead Gens or anyone that does not have outbound B2B sales experience
- Must be comfortable negotiating, influencing and closing by building rapport over the phone
- Money motivated with the drive and hunger to build your own sales desk initially but also a sales division in the future
- A professional communicator with strong attention to detail
- Ability to cope under pressure and work to tight, strict deadlines
- Team players, someone that gets involved with social activities and events outside of work
For the right candidate my client is offering a fantastic package:
- Competitive base salary between £20k to £35k depending on experience
- Uncapped commission structure - realistic first year OTE of between £40k to £55k depending on base salary. Second year £70k+, third year £90k+, fourth year onwards £100k+
- Usual Monday to Friday office hours however you must be prepared to work late if required due to the nature of the business. This is a very senior position within the business so no clock watchers!
- Genuine, massive career progression within a growing, secure business
- Casual working environment, not corporate at all. They have a pool table and darts board in their chill out areas!
- Free onsite parking
- Loads of other benefits that will be discussed at interview stage
This is an excellent, rare opportunity to join a successful and reputable professional company at an exciting time. My client is interviewing now so send your CV asap to be considered for this role.
- Business Development
- Consultative Sales
- Outbound Calls
- Technical Sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job