Business Development Executive
Up to £29,000 per annum + car allowance
Our client is an established family owned business and leading supplier to UK retailers and the food service and wholesale sectors, they specialise in the supply and delivery of fresh exotic fruit and speciality vegetables. They are a grower, importer and marketing business with a heritage in subtropical produce meaning that they can offer a diverse choice of employment opportunities to match your ambitions.
Identify new business opportunities; communicate product development to existing and prospective clients; maintain a good working relationship with new contacts. Work on developing marketing literature.
- Understand food trends and insights specific to their range of products to drive new business opportunities to fruition.
- Understand and keep abreast of the strengths and opportunities of their complex supply chains to positively promote and drive business
- Deliver strong and persuasive communications to develop, attract and retain customer attention
- Develop sound relationships with customers to be the go to company for their range of products.
- Co-ordination and follow up with operations, logistics, supply chain and technical colleagues for customers in embryonic relationship to deliver and enhance service and experience.
- To write reports on their business performance in terms of growth, service levels and quality management.
- Monitor and analyse account data, market information and competitor trends to create and drive innovation, marketing and sales.
- Track and report against internal & customers targets
- Responsibility for accurate demand forecasting
- Work closely with Technical to understand food safety requirements pertaining to the market sector. Ensure product specifications relevant and uptodate to drive margin delivery.
- Ensuring all administration procedures strictly adhered to and good practice maintained.
- As a member of the commercial team to proactively contribute to the successful development of the department strategy and that of the total business.
The ideal candidate for the Business Development Executive role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Educated to QCF 4 – 5 or degree in an academic discipline with at least 2 years relevant customer facing experience
- Proven FMCG experience.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Strong negotiator
- Flexible, resilient and adaptable .
- Enthusiastic and able to work on own initiative .
- Excellent presentation skills
- Planning and organisation skills.
- The ability to get on with people at all levels and influence them.
- Strong problem-solving and creative skills.
- An ability to stay calm under pressure and keep to deadlines.
- Strong sales and negotiation techniques.
- Good team player.
- Attention to detail
- Fluent English – Both written & verbal.
- Additional languages to a verbal standard would be beneficial
- Flexibility to travel to all Wealmoor sites (Greenford & Atherstone on Stour).
- Travel to UK customers located nationally
If you feel you are suitable for the Business Development Executive role, please apply now!
Business Development Executive, Sales Executive, B2B, Telesales Executive, Sales Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job