Business Development Executive - Godalming
£30,000 - £40,000 + OTE of up to £60,000
Are you looking to work in a London environment locally and earn a London salary? We have an exciting opportunity based with a Tech company for a Business Development Executive.
You will report jointly to the Managing Director and Operations Director, and as one of the Business Development Executives you’ll be expected to focus on campaigns designated to you and make contact with the relevant individuals at prospective client offices through outbound calling and emails.
- You’ll quickly learn about company products, target markets, use cases and specific solutions to a sufficient degree that you can target relevant prospective clients and engage them in useful conversations about their requirements and how products provide solutions to these requirements.
- Based on call sheets provided, you’ll contact relevant individuals on the phone to establish rapport and trust, and engage them in a discussion on how products are relevant to their technology requirements. The aim for every conversation is to arrange a meeting (phone conversation, face to face or via web conference) with one of the sales team; whether this is achieved on the first conversation or subsequent communications will be based on your sales ability.
- You’ll generate your own list of leads based on your own research of prospective clients and contacts and as above, engage relevant prospects in conversations and arrange meetings with our Pre-Sales Consultants.
- You’ll follow up with prospects/leads and sending them relevant information and marketing collateral to assist the sales process.
- You’ll provide our sales team with detailed handover notes before they attend meetings you have arranged.
- You’ll be familiar with using Salesforce.com to keep leads and contacts updated with relevant information on prospect status as well as capturing activities and tasks to provide organizational visibility
- You’ll attend weekly sales meetings to discuss your week's activities, campaigns you have worked on, successes you have had with generating meetings and areas of resistance you have faced.
- You’ll liaise with our marketing team to discuss any ideas you have for lead generation and cultivation and marketing collateral you require.
- You’ll be expected to meet or exceed targets.
Person / Experience Required
- Previous experience and demonstrable success in a Marketing or Sales environment.
- Excellent phones skills, highly professional, articulate and confident when speaking to prospects.
- A natural social and persuasive flair with the ability to quickly build rapport and trust with prospects.
- Strives in a fast paced and results driven environment.
- Strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail.
- Hunter mentality in seeking out new business.
- Target driven.
- 2+ years’ experience in a similar role where you have consistently met or exceeded targets.
- Knowledge and/or experience of enterprise file sharing and social collaboration tools.
- Desire to establish a career in sales.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job