BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
SALARY £30,000 - £35,000
BONUS YEAR 1 £15K, YEAR 2 £30K
BENEFITS - HEALTH INSURANCE, PENSION, OVERSEAS TRAVEL
Established over 20 years ago, my client is a privately owned events company located in London and operate within the HR and Learning & Development Industry. They also run three technical conferences per year which they are looking to double in the next 12 months.
The job is full time, office-based but will involve travel three times a year to their events in Europe.
This is a largely tele-sales position, working for their Senior BDM and alongside other sales executives. The successful candidate must feel confident about their ability to generate significant new business. Your role will be to sell the company's three annual HR events to both delegates and suppliers. You will be provided with lots of warm and cold sales leads to start with. Someone who is determined, creative and persistent would be an ideal suitor for the vacancy. Some face-to-face selling may be required though, as stated, the majority of the selling will be on the 'phone'.
On meeting targets and showing ambition you will have to opportunity to take ownership of established accounts and benefit from additional commission generated from our valued longstanding clients who attend on an annual basis.
In addition to our established events we are expanding to the Middle East and running a new event in Dubai in 2019.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a confident individual with proven sales experience and strong business acumen who enjoys working in a diverse environment.
- Identification and assessment of new business opportunities
- Re-sales at the events
- Representing the brand in a professional and presentable manner
- Database management
- Support operations team in lead up to events
- Minimum of 5 years' sales experience
- Passion for new business development
- Good networking and presentation skills
- Strong communications skills - both written and verbal
- Able to work under minimal supervision
- Strong personality and good sense of humour
- Flexibility to adapt and change priorities according to business needs
- Efficient and organised approach to workload
- Ability to produce work of a very high standard, demonstrating excellent attention to detail, accuracy and precision
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- EVENT MANAGEMENT
- EVENT SALES
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job