A professional Business Development Executive to generate new sales opportunities for the national field sales team, (progression onto field sales is available) to engage with the companies existing client base and to 'direct sell' a defined product range to new business.
As a result, this is a far more varied role than a traditional single-track telesales or telemarketing position. The primary function is to engage with key financial and business decision makers to uncover their needs, position the Company as a credible solution, and pass sales ready opportunities to the field sales team.
You will also be contacting existing clients as part of their client service programme, while looking for cross selling or appointment opportunities. And you will have the opportunity to sell a defined product group to new business prospects, and develop your own relationships with those customers.
Remuneration is a combination of a good basic salary, plus fixed fee commissions on appointments and percentage commissions on direct selling.
You will be passionate about generating sales opportunities and hungry for success. This is a very varied role, suited to someone with telemarketing or telesales experience looking for a new challenge, or someone who is looking for a diverse role that will broaden their selling skill set.
Core skills required are;
- At least 6-12 months successful experience in some or all of the following
- Direct selling
- Appointment setting
- Customer service or cross-selling within an existing client base
- The ability to explain the product to potential new customers in an engaging and exciting way, and spot the sales opportunities whenever or wherever they arise.
- The Energy and enthusiasm to maintain a high volume of outbound calls
- The ability to build customer relationships over an extended period, as they move from prospect to new customer
- Commercial awareness
- The ability to manage and prioritise a sales pipeline
- Strong oral and written communication
- Creativity and to be adaptable to change
- To be willing to listen to and support colleagues
- Be skilled in using software tools such as;
- CRM and prospecting systems
- Social media, both personal and professional as research tools
- MS Office and Google applications
You'll be given full training to develop your product knowledge and sales strategies, but you'll be joining a team where collaboration and creativity is actively encouraged in order to develop your skills and improve the group's performance.
New business appointments
- Generate new business opportunities through high volume outbound prospecting, passing booked appointments to the field sales team.
- To follow up marketing campaigns and events to generate new prospect leads by telephone, identifying and qualifying opportunities for new business.
- Receive lapsed leads from sales and reactivate
New prospect sales:
- Initiate own prospecting activities within 'best fit' target accounts and existing customers, generated from the company's database of small accounting firms.
Client service & cross-selling:
- To build effective relationships with existing customers
- Pass on matters arising to the appropriate teams within the company
- To raise awareness of the whole product offering from the company
- To identify and qualify opportunities for cross selling products to generate business and increase profitability.
- Pass significant appointment opportunities to the field sales or internal sales team.
CRM, Research & marketing:
- Perform contact and account research prior to calls
- Input into marketing programs and feedback on quality of leads received from marketing
- Maintain and update an accurate log of your activity in the CRM system
- To maintain and update records in our CRM system accurately and in accordance with data protection requirements.
- To carry out data cleaning to provide accurate information and support for marketing campaigns and to increase new business opportunities.
- To provide line management with reports or information as required.
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit www.sammons.co.uk for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
- Business Development Executive
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job