GDS Group is a global event, research and technology services company dedicated to helping clients meet the challenges posed by a fast-moving, digital disruptive business environment. Our B2B summits and events bring purchaser and provider communities together to find solutions to real-world business challenges. Whether it’s brokering real solutions to existing or upcoming business projects, providing greater insight into emerging trends and their outcomes, or delivering the tools needed to enable meaningful organisational change, our events, services and experience provide the intelligence needed to make our customers’ business projects a success.
We are a worldwide B2B Media Conglomerate, headquartered in Bristol, UK with international offices in NY and Miami. With over 300 staff globally, revenues of around £35 Million per year, 15% growth year on year, we are perfectly positioned to offer career path progression to those who show a commitment to obtaining and evolving the right skill sets.
We have two main divisions that come under the GDS umbrella:
- A Summit division, which hosts over 50 International face to face Summits throughout Europe, US ASIA, Africa and The Middle East. We work across approx. 17 markets such as Financial Services Technology, Retail, IT, Marketing, Technology, Telecommunications etc.
- Bespoke events which includes Meettheboss Live bringing together leading CIO’s and Senior VP’s across multi B2B sectors over an evening of roundtable discussions, and Meettheboss.TV which is a digital roundtable, independently moderated, creating thought leading conversation about a hot business related topic.
- And GDS Digital, which delivers secure, super-fast broadband to remote, vulnerable and low-income locations, empowering more people with the opportunity to transform the way they engage with local authorities.
Who do we work with?
The clients we work with on each product include fortune 500, blue chip and multinational companies- generally at Director-level and above. Our extensive client base includes: Microsoft, Adidas, HPE, Nike, Oracle, Citigroup and SAP to name a few. You will be expected to deal competently and confidently at a C’ suite level within typical organisations of this calibre.
What type of talented professionals are we looking for?
We are looking for a dynamic individual with excellent communication skills as well as the ability to use a consultative sales approach. You will be an intelligent, professional, determined, and motivated individual who is not afraid to work hard to deliver results and enjoy winning new business.
Role purpose and background:
- The role principally provides marketing solutions to senior level executives from Fortune 500 companies.
- Specifically, our job is to speak with those decision makers about their business development plans and sell our capability to directly match their services to live customer projects, based on our unique customer project intelligence.
- When speaking with CEOs and VP’s, it’s vital to have researched who they are and what they are trying to achieve within their given market. Providing insightful marketing services means we need to be at the forefront of their markets, customers, products to ensure successful fulfilment.
- Due to the intelligence gathering aspect to the work, a lot of the work can be office based. However, our Executives are based globally, so we use many mediums to connect including
Desired skills and experience:
- We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, resilient and have illustrated achievement of performance in their track record.
- Degree qualified or equivalent desirable, but not essential.
- Intelligent, authentic, ethical and articulate with the ability to deliver a solution based sales approach.
- Analytical, financially astute and numerate, knowing your bargaining power, value and leverage.
- A high level of business acumen. Able to connect new business opportunities to clients based on trends in customer spend, budget, market and business drivers.
- Technical: able to answer technical answers around product and fulfilment
- Curious and tenacious: Ability to deconstruct and interpret the relative business sectors at a granular level.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to build relationships with key clients.
- Candidates must be individuals who can consult with senior level decision makers with authority, confidence and intelligence.
- Comfortable working within a team and contributing to its overall success
- Exceptionally motivated and driven to hit KPIs and targets and develop yourself and others.
- Experience using CRM to manage productivity and visibility of personal pipeline.
Salary £30,000Y1 OTE <span class="goog-spellcheck-word" style="backg
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job