Business Development Executive (Remote)
£30,000 plus uncapped commission
Our client is a full-service digital sports agency working with some of sports’ biggest players.
Since 2002 our clients have been working with clubs, leagues, tournament and event organisers, governing bodies and international federations to develop innovative, engaging and practical digital solutions.
They pride themselves on their culture of flexibility and self-management. Their conscientious, self-motivated and committed workforce enjoys flexible working and an atmosphere of reciprocal support.
An opportunity has arisen for a Business Development Executive to assist the Commercial Director. This position is suitable for remote working.
The successful candidate will be responsible for seeking out and developing new business opportunities within the sports market for their products and services. They are looking for somebody who is enthusiastic about outbound sales and has the know-how to qualify a lead and progress opportunities.
Operationally, they need someone who is tenacious in contacting prospects with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ideally, you will have experience in the digital marketing industry or another B2B sector, and will have previously been responsible for generating leads and booking meetings.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Positioning their product in front of federations, clubs, governing bodies and tournaments
- Generating leads and efficiently keeping in regular contact with existing prospects
- Presenting to senior decision-makers within sporting organisations
- Understanding and keeping up-to-date with constant developments in the digital industry and agency market
- Identifying areas for expansion and development
- Assisting the Commercial Director in developing a targeted long-term new business strategy
- The creation of weekly/monthly forecasts on revenue/target management and end of month reports on revenue generation
- Delivering against these targets to ensure revenue expectations are met
- Working closely with the Marketing team to develop bespoke campaigns to relevant prospects
- Inputting into sales and marketing collateral – how the business positions itself for various audiences
- Maximising networking opportunities and regularly using conferences, events and trade shows to increase awareness and develop a further network of contacts
- Understanding clients’ needs and working with the Marketing team to ensure that they are delivering the correct message
- Providing feedback to the Management team on how customers and prospective customers view their products and their functionality
- Providing monthly report of activities, sales and leads
- Assisting where necessary in writing proposals and tender documents
- Liaising with Product Development on how to improve their products and the technology that customers are asking for
To be considered for the Business Development Executive position you will have the following experience skills and attributes:
- Good network of contacts at sporting organisations in the UK & Ireland
- Previous in-house or agency experience in digital
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within a Business Development role (face-to-face experience imperative)
- Proven track record of generating sales revenue
- Keen interest in sport
- Experience working in an agency environment
- Sound understanding of digital media and the role it plays for sporting organisations
- Self-starter who is target-driven and motivated – must be comfortable in a target oriented environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (telephone, written and face-to-face)
- Consultative sales skills: their audience requires a balance of soft sell approach and hard sell closure
- Excellent time management, an individual who thrives on working autonomously
- The ideal candidate will be determined, outgoing, positive, articulate and diplomatic
If you feel you are suitable for their Business Development Executive position, please apply now.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job