Our client is a young British lighting brand with a mission to create exquisite products that have a positive impact. Guided by our ethos of "Conservation Through Beauty," the companies aim is to contribute to the low carbon economy through thoughtful product design and transparent practices. We are more than a lighting company; it is a community of like-minded individuals grounded in a culture of sustainability through design excellence.
The business is experiencing fantastic growth in the US market, and we are just getting started! We are looking for a passionate individual who is committed to protecting the environment by increasing the adoption of sustainable technologies.
We are looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial individual to drive the growth of our specification sales in New York. This role will require actively building and developing relationships with lighting designers, consultants and architects, including contractors, clients and buyers. The ideal candidate will be someone who is highly proactive, shares our ethos, and is able to hit the ground running.
This role will include, but not be limited to:
- Managing direct key specification accounts to maximize growth and revenue
- Being proactive in sourcing and on-boarding new key accounts
- Client negotiation and creatively approaching problems
- Organising and delivering product training (both in house and remotely)
- Developing and maintaining key relationships with new and existing accounts
- Organising and attending sales related events
- Maintaining CRM tools, account maps and client base
- Managing projects through all stages to completion
- Delivering a structured business plan for your respective territory
- Providing accurate sales forecasts
- Working closely and collaboratively with other teams to communicate sales information
- Business development or account management experience, preferably in the lighting industry
- Commercially-minded and able to develop accounts through strong relationships
- Robust communication and presentation skills
- Ability to strategize high-level while maintaining a focus on processual details
- An independent worker able to think for themselves whilst collaborating with other teams
- Pipeline management and CRM experience
- Ambitious with an entrepreneurial mind set
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to work under pressure
- A motivated and enthusiastic self-starter
- All candidates must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment check
- Must have or be able to obtain any required state sales license in your sales territory
- Valid state driver’s license required.
If you have a good understanding of the lighting industry, a passion for design and sustainability and feel you can be a brand ambassador for our client, we’d like to hear from you.