This is a pivotal role working in sales for a market leading Insurance Underwriting Agency specialising in niche products. As a Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for customer sales engagement and administration maximising premium revenues from existing clients and new business.
Responsibilities to include:-
- Developing close relationships with existing clients (specifically brokers and legal firms) to generate organic growth from within those accounts
- Identifying opportunities, producing leads and where appropriate, booking appointments with the emphasis on high quality leads
- Proactively follow up leads generated from Client Services/Marketing
- Attending exhibitions and events as required
- Working closely with the underwriting and marketing teams to achieve sales objectives
- Attending sales meetings to update information and discuss any issues
In order to be considered for this Business Development Executive role, you will have experience working within an insurance sales environment - preferably in a proactive telesales role with some field sales experience - again within the insurance industry. Additionally, you must be able to deal with, and absorb large quantities of technical insurance product information.
The ideal candidate will be a determined and enthusiastic team worker with a sociable character who is reliable and able to perform effectively under pressure.
A basic salary + bonus awaits the successful applicant
Please apply with a covering letter highlighting your relevant skills and experience. Please note that consideration can only be given to candidates applying with a strong, General Insurance background