Business Development Executive (Chemistry) c £Competitive + Benefits + Bonus
South East ABJ3886
Are you an experienced chemist with desire to get into sales / business development? A business development opportunity in sales and business development (SBD) has urgently arisen for a large chemicals/ materials organisation with responsibility for identifying sales and business development opportunities to define and implement a global approach to develop growth opportunities in new application niches. As an assistant on the business development team you will manage and develop business sales at major existing & potential UK customers, with a particular emphasis on new business development and long-term customer partnerships
A key element of the vision and the strategy for the performance chemicals area requires us to look beyond what they do and seek out new growth opportunities. This means looking for new applications for our existing products or creating new products from our existing assets. This business development role is core to the delivery of this part of the vision. It exists at the interface of our commercial and technical teams. Together with the business development manager you are the core of the business development team for performance chemicals.
Mainly office based. 10-20% travel
- Pipeline development - active management with the business development manager.
- Ensure pipeline is full and is in line with available resource.
- Keep active list of go-to ideas for future projects.
- Prioritising workload and project selection.
- Product management - be an active member in Integrated Business planning process (S&OP.)
- Capturing business development plans as well as existing product portfolio
- Desk based research and analysis with critical assessment of data and proposals/recommendations to the business.
- Manage and develop key relationships inside and outside the business.
- Managing own time, travel, organization, proactive tenacious well organised.
- Product management - existing portfolio
- Idea generation and assessment
- Challenging the status quo
- Communicating - internally and externally; formally and informally; written and verbal
- Strong interface with R&D and Commercial teams.
- Building relationships with customers and third parties.
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferably Science based degree Chemistry, or Material Science.
- Experience with speciality chemicals or polymers, composites, resins or emulsions desirable.
- You have previous experience in a R&D; TS; science; commercial; or, project management based roles.
- You will be able to understand; interpret and present at a detailed technical level.
- You will be comfortable communicating at all levels in an organisation.
- You do not need previous BD experience.
- You may see this as first step into the commercial
TO APPLY: Please contact Alison Basson
- Pipeline Development
- New Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'