Business Development Executive - 9-12 Month FTC - Hamburg
At Addleshaw Goddard we not only provide technical excellence and experience but, crucially, demonstrate real insight into our clients and what really matters to them. A natural choice for FTSE100 clients and their equivalents in other markets and for the best talent, our people fulfil their potential in an environment where they are developed and valued. We put ourselves in our clients' shoes, as part of a team of effective business people as well as efficient lawyers.
The Business Development team is a centralised function advising and supporting the Firm in its marketing, sales support and business development activities. The key drivers for the team are to ensure we support the development and implementation of the firm's strategy and in particular help:
- drive profitable revenue growth through both new and existing clients; and
- develop and deliver a clear brand proposition through our sector focus.
The BD Executive - Hamburg role will sit locally in our Hamburg office, but will be an integral part of the central BD team providing direct support to fee earners in the local region and facilitating access to the wider BD function in the UK (including Bids, Sectors, International, Marketing and Communications).
The goal is for the BD Executive to deliver hands on, local support in the areas listed below, and work with the wider team of specialists from across the team to deliver on important local BD projects and support local partners with our go-to-market approach through our sectors. The role encompasses helping to prepare bids, general marketing updates, basic account management principles, client and target research, organising events and seminars, writing updates and articles, and inputting local data into our international activity database and CRM system. Being fully fluent - written and spoken - in German and English and culturally aware of best practice for BD / marketing in relation to these responsibilities and the German market is essential to this role.
The role reports to the International Development Senior Manager and the Hamburg BD Partner, and has close working relationships across many areas of the business, including local Partners, fee earners and the wider business services community.
Working as part of the BD team, the BD Executive - Hamburg will:
- support on the production and delivery of bids and proposals for new business opportunities - taking ownership of low value, quick turnaround local market opportunities and liaising with the wider BD team to provide support on key client or sector target opportunities;
- deliver research on client and target clients - developing a good understanding of the local market and undertaking competitor research, liaising with the central Research & Knowledge Services (RKS) team as appropriate;
- take ownership of collating, storing and updating local market experience, improving the collection and availability of this information for fee earners and ensuring that all cross-border activity is incorporated into the international referrals database;
- organise from an administrative perspective, local events from start to finish through the Firm's events process including both sponsored external events e.g. the Employment roundtable event in June as well as any AG office led client seminars and training;
- internal communication - engage with the fee earners to capture, maintain and update information such as project/matter deals and intranet sites such as SharePoint, HighQ etc;
- own and maintain the German pages on the website - ensuring content is kept up-to-date such as people's profiles, insights and general updates and ensuring all forms of social media (alongside the wider BD team) are being considered in line with brand guidelines;
- project manage the completion of local legal directory submissions to meet the requisite deadlines;
- assist with CRM enquiries, providing e-marketing support for events and publications (setting up invitee lists through to creating and managing the full invite process) and ongoing management of clients on contacts in the system;
- foster and co-ordinate participation by partners and other fee-earners in local professional networks;
- support fee earners to develop an article writing programme (for the website and other local sources), including suggesting editorial changes and analysing what our competition are doing in this space.
- A real "can do" attitude and an ability to find solutions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fully fluent in German and English - spoken and written
- Full appreciation of cultural nuances across Germany and ability to communicate these effectively to colleagues in the central BD team etc.
- Highly computer literate with excellent systems skills, ideally including experience of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience of using different types of social media, especially those specific to the German market e.g. Xing
- Self - starter with ability to use initiative and look for ways to positively enhance the output
- Strong team worker but also capable of working independently on projects
- Ability to gain trust and build relationships quickly
- Able to interact professionally and credibly with senior internal stakeholders including using constructive challenge
- Ability to manage bids effectively, and calmly in a fast paced environment to tight deadlines · Good writing and editorial skills - fluent in English and German
- Ability to manage conflicting requests or concurrent multiple projects
- Marketing or Law degree (or equivalent) is desirable but not essential
- Experience of working in a professional services or similar organisation is desirable
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'