Our client is currently recruiting for a Business Development Engineer to develop sales pipeline. You would have experience ideally with embedded solutions and electronic components.
They are seeking a results-oriented Technical Business Development Engineer (BDE) that desires a challenging, dynamic and fast-paced environment in which to apply their skills.
This role is field based covering the whole of the UK. So the successful candidate can be based anywhere in the UK.
Duties & Responsibilities
The BDE will play a key role in helping to develop the sales pipeline and business/technology strategy, as well as working with the technical leads to ensure active projects developed are running on time and to budget. The successful candidate will be integral to developing strategy with regards to Embedded systems and solutions and will report into the General Manager/Director.
- Assist in developing a market strategy in conjunction with the leadership and marketing team.
- Play a key role in developing our service offerings, solutions/products through researching and understanding market conditions and trends.
- Building a strong 12-month sales pipeline. Target orders in the first year minimum of £800k.
- Achieve agreed targeted/budgeted sales and gross profit.
- Develop long-term profitable and sustainable business as per the parameters defined by the Company.
- Developing and managing the opportunity pipeline ensuring high % win ratio.
- Identifying key accounts and developing joint action plans with them to build mutual valuable relationships.
- Undertake all aspects of the sales cycle: lead generation, client identification, warm and cold calling, conduct client meetings up to senior management level, presentations remotely and face to face to position
- Producing quotes and following up through the sales process to completion of sales.
- Managing & negotiating favourable contract and project terms, such as payment terms, deliverables, pricing etc.
- Regular business strategy reviews with the senior management team.
- Provide concise regular opportunity and pipeline updates to the senior management team through CRM systems and reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluating the success of all projects against set benchmarks, and sharing lessons with the team for best practice.
- Able to work autonomously, whilst working closely with all team members including engineering and marketing.
- Travel between the office, based in the UK, and as required, visit potential clients to sell value propositions and the benefits of working with our solutions and in-house Engineering team.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum BEng, BSc Engineering, or a related discipline,
- Good knowledge of competitors in the embedded market
- Practical experience working in a similar business development role selling technology solutions
- Strong general understanding and interest of a broad range of software languages
- General understanding of a variety of hardware platforms for Industrial applications
- Proven client facing presentation skills and relationship management up to senior management level.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate people.
- Proven track record of sales capability including lead generation, new business development, client relationship management and account development, market and vertical penetration.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment and contribute to multiple projects.
- Excellent communication and phone manner.
- Ability to rapidly absorb new concepts and apply them effectively.
- Good knowledge of software development and requirements for system integration.
- Proactive and participative team member attributes.
- Excellent organisational talent.
- Analytical and problem-solving aptitude.
- Attention to detail and the ability to listen.
- A results-driven focus.
- Numeracy skills and commercial awareness.
- Highly motivated, possess a professional attitude and work ethic.
- Flexible to regularly travel UK wide to clients and internal offices as required which may involve staying away.
- Own car for business use and UK driving licence.
- Right to work in the UK.
- Knowledge of System on Modules (SOM), Raspberry Pi, Single Board Computers, Embedded peripheral modules
- Knowledge of TFT Displays, Thermal Print systems, Touchscreens, Fans & Connectivity solutions
- Experience and strong interest in Powertrain and Electric Vehicle industry.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'