This is an excellent opportunity to join an established, reputable and growing Financial Advisor at an exciting time in their company development. This vacancy is for an experienced Business Developer who will take a lead role in the practice’s employee benefits division. This would have a national remit, candidates would have the option of being either office based or working from home with travel. A car allowance is part of the package to enable this.
The role would be about 80% new business development with 20% of time spent servicing the existing portfolio of clients, dealing with any renewals and developing deeper relationships across the board.
The product suite is a diverse one, emphasis is on pensions, corporate rewards schemes, income protection and flex benefits. Note that this is not a healthcare package.
Key job duties:
- Engage prospective clients with a view to establishing and developing long-term relationships. Client focus ranges from SME to UK National firms with emphasis on mid-sized commercial and corporate firms
- Undertake innovative approaches to new business development including maximising networking and marketing opportunities - you will be given full support by the business in this regard
- Lead efforts to strengthen client relationships and grow regional and national revenues, through on the road engagement and other client facing initiatives
- Develop a wide ranging and incisive intermediary network of introducers and brokers to maximise new introductions and generate business leads
- Develop new opportunities with existing clients to ensure that client portfolios fit with their requirements and optimise their investments
- Seek referrals and recommendations where possible to maximise coverage and incoming business
- Collaborate with and build relationships across the company with other divisions, creating the opportunity for joint commercial and marketing initiatives and further opportunities to generate revenue
- Collate client feedback and other relevant information, recording on internal systems as required
Candidates need to have a background in employee benefits, ideally across as may of the core areas - flex benefits and pension advisory in particular, generalists as well as specialists will be considered as long as there is an overlap in their technical knowledge. You can be based anywhere in the UK as a home based salesperson will be considered.
In addition, the hunter mentality for a business developer needs to be present, the emphasis is on new business for this role.
The role is permanent, package includes a salary, car allowance is extra and a strong benefits package. The bonus and total earning potential here is exceptional, we can disclose more about this upon initial engagement.
- Business Development
- Corporate Benefits
- Employee Benefits
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job