The individual appointed to this role will be primarily tasked with:
- Pitching and growing new companies and revenues from within their market/assigned Territory
- Managing and developing these opportunities
- Regular daily pitching within the area
A global organisation within the Commercial Property sector
- Generate new business. It is expected that the Business Development Director will be able to develop and close a number of new accounts per quarter.
- Achieve/exceed individual monthly targets of revenue.
- Develop existing contacts/senior level relationships within new and existing prospects.
- Be self-sufficient in generating appointments and activities that lead to opportunities.
- Develop and execute 'SMART' action plans, typically on a quarterly basis.
- Act as a 'high level' relationship manager to new customer accounts, once established.
The successful Business Development Director should have the following attributes:
- Self-motivation - Can identify and source regular appointments that ultimately lead to new business revenue.
- Sales Ability - Identify customer's needs, customise approach, and provides a value-add solution.
- Teamwork - Supports business unit's initiatives and goals.
- Adaptability - Able to respond quickly to changing demands
- Planning - Sets priorities, establishes objectives.
- Initiative - Takes action, initiates calls in pursuit of sales.
- High Energy - Maintains high productivity/activity level
The following experience would be beneficial:
- 4-6 years related experience in business-to-business outside sales.
- Previous experience selling products or service solutions through proactive direct sales within a B2B sales environment.
- Proven success in prospecting, self-lead generation and business development.
- Proven prospecting and territory development skills.
Salary - £65,000 - £80,000 plus OTE, depending on experience
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job