Freightserve recruitment are looking for a Business Development Director. The company are well established who are currently in a period of major growth.
1) Direct and motivate development team, to successful achievement of individual development targets and overall team target as specified in company budget.
2) Develop personal sales pipeline and achieve personal sales target as specified in company budget.
3) Set out sales strategy to achieve KPI’s and targets set out in the 3 year business plan.
4) Support sales team in client visits with knowledge, integrity and authority.
5) Drive business development in conjunction with key overseas partners.
6) Conduct overseas development trips as required in company strategy.
7) Promote and sell Vertical products using SCM methodology to secure new clients.
8) Promote and sell new Logistics products to secure new clients.
9) Promote Company at events and take up speaking opportunities to generate brand awareness.
10) Drive use of social media within the sales team, to promote services and products and engage with prospects.
11) Develop marketing initiatives in conjunction with Group marketing to increase brand awareness.
12) Refine and improve development processes across the development team.
13) Report all development activity to the Board.
14) Ensure full compliance to the current credit policy requirements.
15) Ensure that development teams pass all legal matters to Business Operations Director.
16) At all times represent and act in the best interest of the company, the shareholders and the employees.
17) Work in accordance with the company values to maintain a positive teamwork culture in conjunction with HR Director.
18) Complete other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, as requested by the Managing Director.
Key Responsibilities - All Directors
- Ensure the proper management of the company’s business, avoid conflicts of interest and act bona fide in the best interests of the company and not for any collateral purpose.
- Ensure that the company fulfils its statutory duties and that the Company Secretary is competent to discharge the legal duties.
- Ensure full compliance to the current credit policy requirements.
- Ensure that the company maintains full and accurate accounting records including a balance sheet and a profit and loss account for each financial period of the company.
- Determine and agree the company’s strategic objectives and policies.
- Monitor progress towards achieving the objectives and policies.
- Appointment of senior management excluding MD or Chairman.
- At all times represent and act in the best interest of the company, the shareholders and the employees.
Skills & Experience
1) Successful background in business development.
2) Strong in analysis and reporting.
3) Strategic thinking.
4) Positive negotiation skills.
5) Strong communication and interpersonal skills
6) Good working knowledge of digital marketing.
7) Strong collaboration skills.
1) Monthly review meetings with direct reports.
2) Manage regular companywide development meetings to motivate, monitor and maintain development progress.
3) Attend meetings with prospects, clients, partners and suppliers as required.
4) Quarterly one to one meetings with direct reports.
5) Quarterly planning meetings with MD and other meetings as required.
Freightserve has been established since 1992 working within the Freight Forwarding and Shipping industry.
Call now to avoid disappointment!!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job