Sales ccaas ucaas video collaboration BDM "business development" UC VC conferencing "contact centres" iaas paas saas
Business Development Director, CCaaS/ UCaaS solutions
£70k to £100k base plus commission and benefits
NOTE TO APPLICANTS: This is an individual contributor role only and does not involve leading a sales team
WHAT THE ROLE IS FOR
A brief description of the main purpose of the role
The Business Development Director closes new complex and large sales deals across their assigned region. Where directed by management, this may be targeted at a particular market or industry.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
The key deliverables, critical for effective performance e.g. customer satisfaction, and a brief description of why it is important
- Sales wins: the role exists to secure new customers and business to a set annual target. The jobholder’s principlal aim is to close sales deals after appropriate approvals and following internal processes.
- Effective planning: the successful jobholder will create and execute an effective sales strategy develop leads, demonstrates an understanding of customer needs/requirements, and progressing them through to deals.
- Communication & handover: managing expectations so we deliver a quality service will be key, including keeping the customer, internal colleagues and systems up to date with developments, next steps and responsibilities.
3-5 major areas of responsibility with a brief description of the expected activities
Strategic account planning
- Achieve revenue & margin targets from new customers on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Create, manage and maintain a documented account development strategy.
- Work with marketing or other internal departments to proactively identify and target customers.
- Build sales strategies for specific customer accounts.
- Develop and maintain an adequate pipeline of opportunities.
- Provide accurate forecasting of opportunities by effectively managing sales opportunities.
- Keep internal systems (including CKS) and contacts up to date with progress.
Customer relationships & satisfaction
- Regularly meet and build effective relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Drive the promotion and sale of additional services to or through the customer.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of customer objectives and key personnel.
- Manage customer expectations during sales, delivery and throughout the contract.
- Manage and co-ordinate internal teams to deliver to customer expectations.
- Escalate on behalf of the customer as required.
- Secure renewal contracts in a timely fashion.
- Work closely with presales, delivery, support and any bid-related teams to effectively create, sell and deliver new business wins.
- Motivate, manage and contribute towards any virtual bid team and deliver a quality bid/tender ahead of deadlines.
- Qualify prospective customer accounts fully in order to ensure all likely customer questions/interests are addressed constructively during the sales process.
- Take overall responsibility for delivering any assigned opportunities, whether directly managed or through a bid team.
Product and sales expert
- Maintain a broad understanding of key products and technology relevant to our services.
- Maintain a good understanding of industry developments.
- Illustrate business advantage of our products and services to customers and other sales colleagues.
- Contribute thought and expertise to brand/marketing activities as required.
- Mentor and advise other sales colleagues in order to assist their development/closing of opportunities.
- Communicate regularly with the in Country Sales Director.
- Contact Centre
- Video Conferencing
- Unified Communications
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'