*** Based in Rotterdam, The Netherlands - Relocation Support Offered ***
Our Client is an entrepreneurial, market leading, Global Commodities Trading business offering the highest level of professionalism, entrepreneurial spirit and personal ownership. They are continuing to grow and develop and offer exceptional career prospects!
As Manager of Business Development & Corporate Strategy, you will be based full time in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, and will report directly to the Deputy CFO, leading a small team.
Corporate strategy development and implementation:
- Work with CEO and CFO to develop corporate strategy
- Work with regional management to assist in the development of local business plans
- Review and analyse annual budgets and periodic forecasts
Business development and capital expenditure management:
- Explore and analyse M&A opportunities
- Manage capex and M&A approval process including the development and implementation of policies and controls.
- Coordinate and contribute to the review and sign off of significant capex and M&A projects requiring corporate, board and shareholder approval.
- Maintain capital expenditure and M&A pipeline, including monitoring actual vs planned spends and back testing of the performance of completed projects.
Financial Analysis and Key Stakeholder Reporting:
- Identify, develop and review KPIs to support the review of historical financial performance and business planning
- Maintain corporate model, including scenario analysis for business and capital planning
- Continuous monitoring of competitor performance and key developments
- Work with CEO and CFO to prepare for Board meetings and prepare presentation materials for both internal and other external stakeholders
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Minimum master’s Degree in finance, Business related degrees or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English (preferred native speaker)
- 6+ years relevant experience
- Solid grounding of financial metrics, balance sheet and income statement analysis
- Ability and interest to understand the business and the key drivers of success
- Tenacious, good communication skills, hands-on and no-nonsense mentality, capable to deliver under pressure.
- Experience in business expansion and commodities business preferred.
- Business Development
- Business Expansion
- Financial Metrics
- Income Statement
- Scenario Analysis