Our client is seeking exceptional individuals to join their team. People who are passionate, driven, eager to learn, customer-and team-focused, and who want to change the world to be part of their Corporate Sales team.
The Business Development Rep’s primary focus will be on growing their equipment supply by prospecting for corporate programs, projects, and listings, and by working these opportunities to successful closure.
Specific responsibilities include:
o Research prospective customer, companies, and contacts.
o Proactively contact targeted prospects by phone and email.
o Cold call senior executives, directors, and managers on assigned call list.
o Identify key contacts within targeted facilities, and gather data on facility activities, through cold calling, LinkedIn, Jigsaw, etc.
o Uncover opportunities and create leads
o Qualify contacts and opportunities.
o Build relationships through consistent, periodic follow-up calls and exceptional service.
o Maintain call volume above daily call targets (minimum 30 calls per day).
- Lead development
o Promptly follow-up on assigned leads
o Assess customer needs to determine scope of opportunities
o Coordinate resources to develop opportunities
o Prepare and deliver sales presentations
o Prepare and deliver sales proposals
o Consistently move opportunities forward (working around obstacles and objections)
o Negotiate contract terms
o Close deals
o Smoothly hand off new projects to project management team.
o Maintain a strong updated pipeline with notes, opportunity status, and forecast.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Highly motivated, passionate, driven to succeed. You love challenges and are motivated by the opportunity to learn and gain incredible international business experience. You are a hard worker, dedicated to doing what it takes to get the job done.
- Willing to pick up the phone and make calls - You must be willing and able to set aside a portion of each day for prospecting and use it to cold-call new customers. When following up with customers, you should also make phone calls rather than just sending emails.
- Customer and team-focused. While everyone on our team is driven and competitive, we channel this energy into making the team succeed. We are looking for people who will support their teammates and who will get excited when anyone on the team has a big win.
- Strong verbal and written communicator. This is a very complex business where you will need to manage multi-party negotiations among buyers, sellers, and various stakeholders in the organisation. It is critical that you are able to build trust and to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Computer skills. We are an internet-based company. You will be using our intranet, CRM, Lead Management, Workflow Management and Market Place websites extensively. You will also frequently use social networks and such as LinkedIn and Jigsaw.
- Education. We prefer candidates who have at least a bachelor’s degree in business, science,engineering, or economics.
- Work experience. 1-3 years of work experience in sales or business development.
- Strong organisation and time management skills. You must have a methodical, organised approach to scheduling your time. You should have regularly scheduled times each day for prospecting, lead follow-up, and working on deals.
For the right person, our client offers an opportunity to:
- Work really hard in a challenging business that will test your limits and your patience.
- Help build a business that makes a meaningful difference in the world.
- Be part of a high-powered, passionate, fun-to-work with team.
- Build a career in a fast-growing global company.
This is a Permanent role
Salary: £25,000 to £35,000 plus bonuses
*we shall only respond to candidates with relevant experience*
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job