Exclusively partnered with a global Broker who are looking to appoint a New Business Development Consultant within employee benefits for their Birmingham office. The new Consultant will be an experienced Consultant who has actively looked for, prospected and converted new business opportunities for an employee benefits team of Consultant. Developing both SME and corporate new business leads. This candidate will be doing new business only so will be expected to also obtain other new business opportunities for the whole of the broking group.
- Responsible for new business development with corporate clients - Actively look for, prospect and convert new business opportunities at all times in order to meet and exceed financial targets
- Manage the lead pipeline, activity and diary pro-actively and efficiently to maximise opportunities
- Actively contribute towards the development and management of the employee benefits corporate objectives
- Demonstrates extensive and up to date technical employee benefits knowledge at all times, as required within the designated permitted areas of activity, to advise on all aspects of corporate financial planning to an employer or the corporate trustees
- Maintains and develops strong relationships with corporate clients and is relied upon as their trusted Adviser
- Ensure a smooth efficient handover of new clients to Employee Benefits Consultant who will service the client
- Working with Consultants to maintain and increase the annual value and profitability of existing clients and ensure fee invoicing process is undertaken in a timely manner
- Ability to draw up and negotiate on services/fee proposals with new clients - Subject to the standard fee pricing structure and approval protocols in force
- Monitor income to ensure budget achieved and financial control over Consultant portfolio and client budgets
- Preparation and delivery of client tenders, power point presentations etc.
- Work closely with and assist in the development of Associate Consultants/Consultants and others within the team as directed by line management
- Attend team/Consultant meetings to share and exchange views and drive forward best practice and innovation within our services portfolio
The successful candidate needs to have the below:
- QCF Level 4 (Diploma level PFS or PMI) qualification, technical knowledge and understanding
- Extensive and up to date technical knowledge of employee benefits consultancy (eg corporate DC pensions/group risk/healthcare) through appropriate industry exams and CPD, including products, markets, the required regulatory standards and their relevance to corporate clients
- Awareness of the regulatory requirements in respect of 'advised' and 'non-advised' sales and in particular evidencing the standards and knowledge required in respect of giving advice and making recommendations to customers experience
- A sales oriented personality - Outstanding customer service, translates client needs into engagements, demonstrates commerciality in their actions, established network of clients internally and externally, developing and maintaining strong relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication/presentation skills at all levels, both internally and externally
- Confident presentation skills, both internally and externally
If you're interested in the position then please contact Shelley Hobson at IDEX Consulting.
Please visit the IDEX Consulting Ltd website for further opportunities. If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail within 2 working days of receiving your application. If your application is unsuccessful, the information supplied may still be retained for use in connection with future vacancies. Due to the overwhelming application response we receive through various sources, should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.
- Business Development
- Employee Benefits
- Business Development Consultant