Salary: £22,000 to £24,000 plus commission
Skills: Technically minded, commercially astute, target driven,
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.00am to 5.00pm
Benefits: 20 days holiday, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, social events
About the Company
A wholesaler with 60 years’ experience in the industry this company offer a dynamic team, busy working environment and the opportunity to develop your career. They are a growing company with big aspirations, but have retained a small company feel.
With technology moving faster than ever before there is now an opportunity to join a technical team within a business development role.
What will your working week be like?
The main objective within this role is to identify and approach new customers, who have a potential requirement for Access Control, Door Entry and Electronic Security products. The Co-Ordinator must generate and research leads to understand the nature of each new business, and ensure prospective customers are correctly profiled, so that they receive appropriate quotations and promotional marketing.
- Building prospects/leads lists by way of web research, procured lists, trade reference websites, customer recommendations etc.
- Organising and managing prospect lists to ensure efficient and accurate approach to their development
- Making first contact with potential leads, employing an educated and calculated approach based on training, market research and product knowledge.
- Creating customer profiles for new customers and ensuring all required information is present and correct including accounts details, contact information, and that a credit facility available if required (direct contact process with Accounts Dept. necessary).
- Progressing lead once account opened, by way of an Emailed, itemised quotation, for any identified product requirement, making use of promotional products and prices where appropriate.
- Following up on Emailed quotation with a call, and identifying any missed opportunities on the quote, and discussing any potential for an order.
- Creating Web log-ins for new customers and bringing website features to their attention
- Endeavour to ensure all new customers receive a blue catalogue where orders are placed and discussing option of sending one without orders where potential justifies doing so.
- Processing clients initial orders personally to ensure best possible service.
- Striving to help support the development of the department on an ongoing basis by recognising any areas or processes where improvements can be made and highlighting any deficits in product portfolio.
- Building rapport with buyers from new business accounts during initial phase of business
- Working closely with Customer Support Executive to ensure ongoing service is of a consistently high standard.
- Ensuring successful handover of new accounts to customer support executive
- Meeting individual performance targets and KPI’s
Who will suit this role?
This role would suit someone who is technically minded, ideally with experience in access solutions, although product training will be provided. You will also possess the following skills and experience;
- The ability to work on your own initiative to source and research potential clients
- A highly organised approach to leads, quotation follow-ups and business development.
- The ability to provide strong client management, identify requirements and follow through to order completion.
- Willing to and capable of learning technical information relating to electronic access systems.
- Working as part of a specialised team within a fast-paced business
You should also be able to maintain a good sense of humour and positive outlook when under pressure. This is a busy department and you will be expected to fully contribute to it’s ongoing development and success.
***For your information:
*Interested? Please send your CV in as a Word format only
**Please only apply if you are already eligible to work in the UK (indefinitely & without sponsorship),
***Not for you but you know someone suitable? Take advantage of the YourRecruit paid referral fee***
Keywords: Technical Sales, Business Development, Account Management, Kaba, Paxton, Fermax
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven't heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
YourRecruit Ltd does not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender or disability and complies with all relevant UK legislation.
- Technically minded
- target driven
- commercially astute
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job