JOB TITLE: Business Development Associate
LOCATION: London, W1G 0PG
SALARY:£45,000- £50,000 (DOE)
Formed in 2013, Lascaux Partners is a specialist consultancy providing a range of services to a longstanding client base in capital markets and alternative investments. Our core competencies are in executive search, market research and capital introduction. The team has a combined search experience of several decades and a track record of consistent delivery and long term relationship building. Our approach is research driven, with an intricate understanding of clients and their competitors the starting point for any project we undertake.
We have grown significantly in the last 18 months and would like to continue that growth with the hire of a business development associate to support our efforts in Asian markets, particularly in HK and mainland China.
Our client base is predominantly composed of global hedge funds and trading firms. Though many of our clients are based in New York and London, almost all of them also have significant operations in Asia. We have frequently recruited candidates in both Hong Kong and Singapore for our clients but we feel our ability to deliver a comprehensive service has been hampered by the lack of a native Mandarin speaker within our team. We believe that the vast majority of the relevant candidate base for these roles is made of up native Mandarin speakers.
We also find that Chinese Universities are increasingly a major source of talent for our clients globally and as such, a native Mandarin speaker would add value in terms of our mandates globally as well as the specific focus on Asia based candidates.
The chosen candidate will support the partners on search assignments, market research projects and ongoing client servicing through the provision of market metrics and relevant competitor information.
The successful candidate will work on a number of day to day tasks
- New business development - identifying potential clients in the region and making initial contact - pitching a suite of services across retained search, capital introduction and market research
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for cross selling that may arise in the execution of ongoing mandates.
- Background research - identifying potential candidates for client mandates through internet and phone based research
- Candidate initial approach and management - making first contact with potential candidates (headhunting) and ensuring potential candidates are properly briefed on the nature of an assignment. Managing ongoing interview process and also managing client and candidate expectations around package / compensation.
- Documenting all client and candidate interaction appropriately through the in house human capital database
- Supporting the partners in ongoing assignments in the production of relevant research and market commentary
- Strategic initiatives - working on specific client directed research assignments including market maps, competitor analysis and compensation benchmarking.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Fluent in Mandarin- knowledge of Mandarin is a requirement due our expansion in Asian markets, particularly in HK and mainland China
- Previous work experience in executive search / recruitment for either capital markets or asset management
- Familiarity with capital markets - specifically with liquid products traded electronically / algorithmically. The majority of our assignments relate to systematic / quantitative investment so we require some previous exposure to this field.
- Degree Educated - preferably in a maths / finance / economics related discipline
- This is a full time role based in London, there may be a requirement for occasional travel to Asia and the US.
- Highly Motivated- results focused individual.
- Competitive- target and reward driven, thrives in a high expectation, high pressure environment.
- Resilient- the consistent ability to cope with setbacks and to maintain a positive outlook.
- Tenacious- has a determined and creative approach to problem solving, always looking to try and try again in order to reach a goal.
- Persuasive- can use their natural persuasiveness and charisma to build arguments and bring others round to a way of thinking.
- Communication- communicates positively, clearly and concisely at all levels in both verbal and written form.
- Interpersonal skills- develops long-lasting relationships and can adapt their personal approach to different individuals and circumstances.
- Organised- ability to plan and prioritise workload by setting short, medium and long-term goals. Monitors performance against goals.
- Business Acumen- prioritises those opportunities which lead to substantial business growth
- Ambitious- sets ambitious goals and creates plans for achieving them
- Role Model- demonstrates good time keeping and personal appearance
The role is considered at senior management level due to the fact that it involves managing development of the business in Asian markets, particularly Hong Kong and mainland China and the successful candidate will be managing those markets solely, reporting directly to the Business Owner/ partner.
To apply please forward CV and a covering letter detailing relevant experience. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for this vacancy is 22 March 2018.
- Business Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job