Our client is a rapidly growing Renewable Power Generation company, across a range of technologies, with Assets in several countries worldwide. The size and complexity of the global business is increasing rapidly as new investments are acquired and new assets come on stream.
In this "newly created" role, you will support the Business development team with Financial Modelling and analysis work. The role will also support all Business Development processes such as finding and identifying new projects, due diligence and deal negotiation, etc. The financial modelling role will interrogate financial, commercial, and technical data and incorporate these assumptions and inputs into the BD models to support the pipeline of new business development opportunities; using attention to detail and analytical skills to enable sound business development decisions to be made.
As Business Development Analyst & Modeller, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting the business development team in understanding project economics, modelling the impact of specific variables on project returns and build value bridge analysis
- Responsible for maintaining and developing existing valuation models and building new ones as new business development opportunities arise.
- Responsible for interrogating financial, commercial and technical data and incorporating assumptions into models.
- Fully understand the internal investment model and assess the returns.
- Frequently update the valuation models and run model sensitivities to reflect developing scenarios and to support commercial decision-making.
- Actively support business development team at various stages of the projects development (e.g. Due Diligence, Financing, Negotiations with other partners)
- Actively support the transfer of new business / projects to Operations to allow seamless project transfer
- Provide Business Development support as necessary with reading contracts, documentation of commercial points, execution procedure including getting any permits from authorities, etc).
Asset planning and analysis:
- Support asset planning and analysis team on ad-hoc basis as required
- Ensure that internal communication and reporting of issues is carried out on a timely basis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Educated to minimum Graduate level in Math’s/Science/Economics (or equivalent).
- 2-3 years’ intensive experience in Financial Modelling
- 2-3 years’ experience of Business development process working to tight deadlines
- Experience of due diligence, exposure to debt restructuring, equity structuring, contract negotiation is desirable.
- Detailed knowledge of complex Excel modelling processes.
- Knowledge of economic models, familiar with key components of models.
- Knowledge of power technologies and the renewable energy industry is desirable
- Knowledge of project finance and equity participation is preferable
- High level of financial literacy and numeracy with ability to understand and incorporate financial concepts into models
- Sophisticated excel modelling skills with established track record of building complex and robust financial models used for valuation purposes. Comfortable with Excel Macros (build and understand)
- Strong Modelling understanding with accuracy and ability to pay attention to detail
- Knowledge of cash flow, accounting and tax
- Ability to understand and communicate complex financial data to non-technical colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to deal with multiple BD projects at the same time and to the same quality standard
- Ability to understand and analyse due diligence information.
- Ability to remain patient and always maintain positive relationships with all parties, during contract negotiations.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential
- The ability to understand partners and colleagues and build effective relationships with them
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy; including internet, Excel, Word, etc.
- Business Development
- Due Diligence
- Excel models
- Financial Modeling
- Economic Modeling
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job