Birmingham, West Midlands
Cooksongold is a leading global supplier of precious metals in gold, silver, platinum and palladium alloys. We are the UK's largest one-stop shop for the jewellery maker.
As a Business Data Analyst in the jewellery industry, you will support the business by setting up and maintaining all system data, including product information, pricing and costs. Working in a team of 3, you will contribute to the development of in-house costing models and practices. You will collect, transform, analyse and report on company products; specifically those bought in.
You will test your ability to meet tight deadlines and build your experience in processing large data. In return, we will provide you with on the job training, guidance and the support you need to build on your existing expertise.
Your duties will be to:
- Develop, build and maintain standard cost data and ensure accuracy and integrity of costs
- Challenge current standard costs and where necessary revise calculations to take account of process/supplier changes
- Produce business performance reports and presentations
- Analyse the data and highlight any area for concern or opportunities for improvement e.g. on data management processes
- Liaise with the Supply Chain and Product Management teams to maintain accurate and up-to-date product and pricing information
- Support the code creation & auto pricing administration using in-house software (such as AS400)
The successful candidate will have:
- Grade C (or equivalent) and above in GCSE Maths and English
- Previous costing experience and manipulating large data sets
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interrogate and interpret numbers and costing data
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills e.g. ability to set up and manipulate Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs and Sum Ifs.
- Highly organised and flexible with excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new skills
- Ability to prioritise and schedule work to meet demands set by the department, company or external customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team working skills
- Ability to use initiative for independent work
- Ability to drive continuous improvements
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- A degree level qualification or equivalent in a business or finance related discipline
- Confident presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience within the jewellery or manufacturing Industry
- Experience with macros, BOMs and SQL
Hours of work:
Total 37.5 hours per week, core office hours are Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 16:45, Friday 08:30 – 15:30 with a 30 minute lunch break each day.
- Salary range of £25,000 – £28,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- Up to 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions matched up to 8%
- Life Assurance
- Discounts on company products, gym memberships and cinema
- Free eyecare vouchers with Boots and more
Visit our website to learn more about our products and services.
As part of the new starter vetting process the successful candidate will be asked to complete a criminal records check from the DBS and asked to provide references; due to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) please do not disclose referee details on your CV.
Our Job Applicant Privacy Notice can be viewed on our website.
To apply for the role of Business Data Analyst, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Data Analyst, Analyst, Business Analyst, SQL Analyst, Insight Analyst, or Data Insight Analyst.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'