Roofing Business Controller
Up to £40,000
Have you work as a QS or in Finance previously? Are you looking to work for a local builder merchants? Do you want a role that will offer you progression and great benefits?
Our leading National Builders Merchants are seeking an experienced Business Controller to join a very successful team in Southampton.
- Permanent Role
- Salary up to £40,000
- Private health care
- Excellent benefits
- Clear career progression
- Opportunity to work for a true market leader
- Creating performance updates for the Board each month, looking at what has, and what will (forecast), happen
- Identifying and managing action plans to improve performance
- Control jobs from quotation all the way through to final account and cash collection;
- Assist in estimating and appraising both new and existing contracts;
- Ensure that estimates are regularly reviewed and robust (i.e. clear on how they are made up);
- Reviewing and managing the work in progress (WIP) process to ensure that WIP calculations are prepared on the correct basis & calculated margin rates are appropriate;
- Managing the retention process to ensure that funds are claimed when they become due and to ensure all retention's are correctly in place;
- Identifying process improvements
- Working closely with the estimating and contracts teams, attending weekly and monthly internal meetings
- Hold a recognised qualification from the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors;
- Or hold a recognised accounting or finance qualification;
- Experience working for a main contractor, or within a sub-contractor business
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Some financial system skills and an understanding of accounting software principles desirable (knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP desirable).
- Well organised, managing time effectively and prioritising work as required;
- Effective communicator at all levels - with both finance and non-finance colleagues;
- Commercial focus, with ability to assess business risks & propose potential outcomes;
- Able to demonstrate good attention to detail, good judgement, logical decision making, and a hands-on approach;
- Numerical accuracy and ability to solve problems;
- Team player who can work effectively across a number of functions;
This role will be open for the next couple of weeks, so if you are interested in applying for this great position, please do not hesitate to apply by using the button below. Alternatively please call and speak with Jake on if you are interested.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job