Work closely with a wide range of clients to deliver value in the following areas:
• Finance Transformation (business process improvement) – primary focus
• Finance Transformation (organisation design) – secondary focus
• Finance Transformation (MI and reporting) – secondary focus
• Finance Transformation (shared service centres) – secondary focus
• Project and change management – secondary focus
As a Manager within Consulting - Finance & Risk you will be actively involved in all aspects of project delivery and will contribute to and support the management of client engagements working closely with senior representatives of client organisations.
In addition to working with Finance & Risk and other colleagues in the delivery of projects in the above areas, you will proactively seek and support the conversion of opportunities to develop the Finance Transformation consultancy service.
The role has a variety of different aspects:
• Supporting the management of client engagements including – delivery of work, direction of staff, and developing the client relationship.
• Work with Partners, Senior Managers and Managers to identify, scope and propose on business development opportunities.
• Contribution to the development of new initiatives and alternative approaches to solving client problems. Developing new go to market service offerings and new methodologies and project accelerators.
• Maintain and apply up-to-date knowledge of the firm’s risk management policies and operational procedures and ensure these are adhered to.
• Promote the firm’s values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.
• Support and coach junior consulting resources in client and practice delivery
• Manage a varied client portfolio covering many different sectors and markets;
• Analyse and redesign client’s finance processes (primary focus)
• Analyse and redesign client’s finance organisation design, MI and reporting, shared service centres and approach to project and change management (secondary focus).
• Support project management and deliver agreed results on time and within budget.
• Ensures client expectations and issues are understood, developing collaborative relationships.
• Select, analyse and present information to enable effective decision making and effectively communication results.
• Carry out work to a high technical standard in a commercially beneficial manner.
• Provide some first line management, coaching and mentoring to junior consulting resources to deliver results
• Develop new business from both existing clients and new clients for the firm.
Our varied portfolio of clients range from FTSE 100 global companies to small owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors (retail, property management, financial services, energy, manufacturing and more) throughout the UK.
In addition to our private sector clients we also work with a number of public sector bodies (councils, education, housing, trusts, etc.), professional associations and charities.
Successful candidates will get exposure to our full range of clients and will be expected to work directly with senior client representatives to complete engagements.
• Undergraduate Degree, or equivalent, essential
• Qualified – (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or relevant Masters-level studies (e.g. MBA), desirable
• Consulting business performance improvement experience, essential
• Recognised process improvement qualification e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, PRINCE2 - desirable
• Previous business process re-engineering experience, either as an external consultant or in industry (essential)
• Willingness to develop skills in the other core consulting areas detailed above (essential).
• Demonstrates high level analytical and consulting skills.
• Outstanding communication, writing and presentation skills
• Personal projection and confidence.
• Setting high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development.
WORKING AT MAZARS
We embrace your individual strengths to capitalise on what makes you unique.
We are proud to offer a working environment where everyone is given opportunities to shine. The firm promotes an environment in which you can be yourself, grow and achieve your goals.
Whether you want to gain exposure to different types of clients, learn new skills or move nationally or internationally, Mazars offers plenty of opportunity to achieve your goals.
At Mazars we operate an agile approach to working. For us agile working means empowering and trusting our people. Empowering our people to work where, when and how they choose. And trusting our people to make the right choices for Mazars, their team and themselves to deliver the best outcome for the client. By its very nature, agile working won’t look the same for everyone. Ultimately it’s up to our people to decide what’s right.
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We also recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
WE ARE MAZARS
We are a positively different international accountancy and advisory firm. With entrepreneurship and a desire to create value at the heart of our DNA, we differentiate ourselves by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business.
We are proud of our strong European heritage, our smart and sustainable growth and of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
For more information regarding careers at Mazars please visit
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'