Work closely with a wide range of clients to deliver value in the following areas:
• Finance Transformation (Modelling, management information and reporting) – primary focus
• Finance Transformation (business process improvement) – secondary focus
• Finance Transformation (organisation design) – secondary focus
• Finance Transformation (shared service centres) – secondary focus
• Project and change management – secondary focus
As an Assistant Manager within Business Consulting you will be actively involved in all aspects of project delivery and will contribute to and support the management of client engagements working closely with senior representatives of client organisations.
In addition to working within Business Consulting and other colleagues in the delivery of projects in the above areas, you will proactively seek and support the conversion of opportunities to develop the Finance Transformation consultancy service.
The role has a variety of different aspects:
• Supporting the management of client engagements including – delivery of work, direction of staff, and developing the client relationship.
• Work with Partners, Senior Managers and Managers to identify, scope and propose on business development opportunities.
• Contribution to the development of new initiatives and alternative approaches to solving client problems. Developing new go to market service offerings and new methodologies and project accelerators.
• Maintain and apply up-to-date knowledge of the firm’s risk management policies and operational procedures and ensure these are adhered to.
• Promote the firm’s values and beliefs, demonstrating integrity and maintaining an ethical stance, using flexibility and tact to express views as necessary.
• Support and coach junior consulting resources in client and practice delivery
• Manage a varied client portfolio covering many different sectors and markets;
• Analyse and redesign client’s finance organisation design, MI and reporting, shared service centres and approach to project and change management (primary focus).
• This includes scoping out engagements with clients to understand their challenges, and devising a potential solution with them;
• Designing a financial model using data from a variety of systems and data sources;
• Testing of output of models with clients and addressing bugs to be rectified.
• Line management of two-three members of staff;
• Analyse and redesign client’s finance processes (secondary focus)
• Support project management and deliver agreed results on time and within budget.
• Ensures client expectations and issues are understood, developing collaborative relationships.
• Select, analyse and present information to enable effective decision making and effectively communication results.
• Carry out work to a high technical standard in a commercially beneficial manner.
• Provide some first line management, coaching and mentoring to junior consulting resources to deliver results
• Develop new business from both existing clients and new clients for the firm.
Our varied portfolio of clients range from FTSE 100 global companies to small owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors (retail, property management, financial services, energy, manufacturing and more) throughout the UK.
In addition to our private sector clients we also work with a number of public sector bodies (councils, education, housing, trusts, etc.), professional associations and charities.
Successful candidates will get exposure to our full range of clients and will be expected to work directly with senior client representatives to complete engagements.
• Undergraduate Degree, or equivalent, essential
• Qualified – (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or relevant Masters-level studies (e.g. MBA), desirable
• Consulting business performance improvement experience, essential
• Recognised process improvement qualification e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, PRINCE2 - desirable
• Previous business process re-engineering experience, either as an external consultant or in industry (essential)
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and other visualisation tools such as Power BI etc
• Experience in writing proposal documents and presenting these to prospects and clients;
• Willingness to develop skills in the other core consulting areas detailed above.
• Demonstrates high level analytical and consulting skills.
• Outstanding communication, writing and presentation skills
• Personal projection and confidence.
• Setting high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'