In the Business Consulting team we primarily seek to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of company finance functions. Our service offerings support organisations at all stages of the transformation journey from designing the change required, to delivering and managing that change and providing assurance around change initiatives.
Core service offerings as part of this role include:
• Finance Transformation (business process improvement) – primary focus
• Finance Transformation (organisation design) – primary focus
• Finance Transformation (MI and reporting) – secondary focus
As an Assistant Manager within the Business Consulting team you will be actively involved in supporting senior team members with all aspects of project delivery and actively seek to take ownership of certain aspects.
As an Assistant Manager you will also be expected to support Business Development initiatives within the Business Unit.
In addition to working with Business Consulting and other colleagues in the delivery of projects in the above areas, you will proactively seek and support the conversion of opportunities to develop the Finance Transformation consultancy service.
Our varied portfolio of clients range from FTSE 100 global companies to small owner-managed businesses across multiple sectors (retail, property management, financial services, energy, manufacturing and more) throughout the UK.
In addition to our private sector clients we also work with a number of public sector bodies (councils, education, housing, trusts, etc.), professional associations and charities.
Successful candidates will get exposure to our full range of clients and will be expected to work directly with senior client representatives to complete engagements.
- Engagement Delivery
- Assist in planning, managing and executing projects on time and within budget. Actively take ownership of discrete project tasks.
- Assist in coaching junior project resource.
- Build client relationships alongside with relevant project stakeholders.
- Business Development – Assist Partners, Senior Managers and Managers with business development opportunities.
- Risk Management - Maintain and apply up-to-date knowledge of the firm’s risk management policies and operational procedures and ensure these are adhered to.
- People Management - Support and coach junior consulting resources in client and practice delivery.
- Practice Management - Contribute to the development of new initiatives and alternative approaches to solving client problems.
- Consulting experience in finance transformation, essential.
- Previous business process re-engineering / improvement experience, either as an external consultant or in industry – essential.
- Undergraduate Degree, or equivalent, essential.
- Qualified – (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) or relevant Masters-level studies (e.g. MBA) - desirable.
- Recognised process improvement qualification e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, PRINCE2 – desirable.
- Willingness to develop skills in the other core consulting areas detailed above - essential.
- Willingness to travel – a majority of our jobs tend to be in London however, this is not guaranteed.
- Previous experience in managing the delivery jobs and small teams.
- Demonstrates high level analytical and consulting skills.
- Outstanding communication, writing and presentation skills
- Personal projection and confidence.
- Setting high standards of quality and demonstrating commitment to self-development.
WORKING AT MAZARS
We embrace your individual strengths to capitalise on what makes you unique.
We are proud to offer a working environment where everyone is given opportunities to shine. The firm promotes an environment in which you can be yourself, grow and achieve your goals.
Whether you want to gain exposure to different types of clients, learn new skills or move nationally or internationally, Mazars offers plenty of opportunity to achieve your goals.
At Mazars we operate an agile approach to working. For us agile working means empowering and trusting our people. Empowering our people to work where, when and how they choose. And trusting our people to make the right choices for Mazars, their team and themselves to deliver the best outcome for the client. By its very nature, agile working won’t look the same for everyone. Ultimately it’s up to our people to decide what’s right.
At Mazars diversity and inclusion are central to our values. We also recognise that being a diverse and inclusive organisation makes us stronger as a business.
We seek to attract and recruit people who reflect the diverse nature of our clients and communities, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, nationality, faith or belief, social background, age and disability. Mazars selects candidates based on skills, qualifications and experience.
WE ARE MAZARS
We are a positively different international accountancy and advisory firm. With entrepreneurship and a desire to create value at the heart of our DNA, we differentiate ourselves by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business.
We are proud of our strong European heritage, our smart and sustainable growth and of the single global partnership we have built to serve clients around the world.
For more information regarding careers at Mazars please visit
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'