To assist with the launch of a new product suite, First Data Merchant Solutions are recruiting individuals with a back ground in new business sales.Whilst they will assist in generating partnerships the majority of this role will be direct engagement with the SME retail market place in a self generation capacity and cross selling to an existing portfolio. With Ownership of a postcode territory, this will be a unit and revenue targeted role where the successful individual will be a motivated self starter with the ability to integrate with a team.
This is a volume incentivized sales role, with a defined value proposition – aimed at the SME market place. Our business solution Clover allows small retailers to run their business and improve their lifestyle. With a number of other products aimed at credit and debit card processing enhancement and support every one of our consultants has the ability to provide a solution depending on a clients needs.
- Proactive and reactive contact with clients who with a front end EPOS requirements
- High level contact and negotiations with key stakeholders, senior management and business directors.
- Discuss and negotiate with clients on a commercial, operational and technical basis in order to understand and fulfil the client’s needs and requirements.
- Co-ordinate and present commercial proposals to clients in a formal environment with a business development focus.
- Proven ability to self generate appointments and experience in new business sales
- Experience working in a target orientated environment.
- PC literacy with Word, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency as a minimum.
- Acquiring Industry knowledge - highly desirable but not essential.
- Develop and negotiate commercial contracts at senior management or director level.
- Full implementation and programme requirements to be negotiated and supported.
- Identify cross sale opportunities on behalf of other areas of the Group to maximise revenues and increase wallet share.
- Internal negotiation with key stakeholders and departments when developing bespoke solutions to improve working practices and procedures that may involve change within several different operational areas.
- Identify solutions that fulfill client requirements and generate optimum returns for the Business.
- Make sound commercial judgement's in order to fully maximise opportunities and develop the client base.
- Make decisions that positively impact on the medium and long-term revenue/profit to FDMS.
- Make educated and mutually agreeable decisions with clients on how to proceed with implementation of solutions to maximise the benefits to both the merchant and FDMS
- Personal time management of day to day activities, including delta planning.
- Research and identify new business opportunities to pro-actively contact.
- CRMand pipeline management.
- Keeping fully updated on client activities as reported in the media and via internal Group sources.
- Constantly update knowledge on all products and services offered by FDMS and strategic partners.
- Budgeting and expense management to specific group guidelines
- Development of short/medium term sales plans.
- Working with senior management to input and develop business/sales/client strategies.
- Identify and provide feedback to senior management of new product development requirements and business opportunities.
- Ensure merchant base comply with scheme rules and regulations.
- Maintain internal compliance levels
- Full Implementation and migration management, including the client on boarding programme, paperwork and risk/compliance and due diligence completion.
- Delivering Business Results
- Managing the Customer Relationship
- Planning and Control
- Self Motivation
- Team working
- Helping others to learn
- Attention to Detail
- Oral and written Communication
- Analytical/Decision Making
Experience & Knowledge
- Full knowledge of card acquiring payment and data solutions
- Working knowledge of acquiring schemes, their drivers, industry dynamics, interchange and future product service deliverables.
- An up to date knowledge of Industry related technical development.
- Knowledge of relevant third party suppliers (e.g. technology) and partners.
- An exceptional sales and profit performance record
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels.
- Proven success rate in negotiating
- A sales/business development background.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job