St. James’s Place is a FTSE 100Wealth Management company with £89.1bn of client fundsunder our management. We have grown through the ethos of offering quality, face-to-face wealth management advice and commitment to building trusted and enduring relationships with our clients. We were recently awarded 'Britain's Most Admired Companies - Insurance’ and we are currently recruiting in a number of areas to support our ongoing growth.
Main Purpose of the Job:
We are looking for a Business Architect to ensure that business solutions deployed by St. James’s Place Wealth Management (SJP) meet business objectives and are consistent, pragmatic, and joined up across business units, suppliers and technology. St. James's Place is a large company with significant dependency on many suppliers and solutions. There are many change programmes and projects across the organisation large and small, with impacts across SJP processes, people, data and systems. This role will involve working with business stakeholders, analysts, technology and data architects and directly with suppliers ensuring that clients and partners receive a consistent and high- quality service.
- Own the end to end SJP process architecture for the assigned programmes or subject areas, engaging and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders where required
- Deliver consultancy to support business decision making, shaping new initiatives and future projects and programmes
- Influence and approve the design of future phases/other initiatives
- Provide process and organisational design advice to others involved in business design.
- Produce overview or cross functional design documents where required. This can include target operating model views and roadmaps for a programme, subject area or business unit with support from technical and data architecture teams and other business architects as needed
- Provide design assurance by approving relevant business requirements definitions and business designs, ensuring joined up, complete and consistent
- Support the Technical and Data Architects to assure design of the data, application, and technology elements of the solution.
- Ensure technical designs meet business requirements.
- Support prioritisation and impact assessment of changes.
- Manage significant design issues to resolution within assigned projects and programmes.
- Mentor developing Business Analysts and aspiring architects
- Has extensive business design and analysis experience on large systems and business change programmes in the financial services industry particularly in Life, Pensions and Investments, across multiple business areas.
- Has a good knowledge of the financial services industry, its products and distribution models and business solutions.
- Has experience of the full development lifecycle in Waterfall and Agile approaches.
- Knowledge of programme and project management disciplines and their application.
- Can quickly understand and articulate simply the current and future business architecture/operating model and interdependencies.
- Has strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written), at all levels.
- Can visualise a problem, understand the component parts, develop resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation.
- Has a focus on quality of outcomes.
- Be comfortable with very significant degrees of ambiguity.
- Derive patterns from specific examples of a problem to drive common and simpler solutions.
- Able to build and lead effective teams if required.
- Commercial awareness and application of commercial considerations to designs.
- Has significant change and design related experience in either a large financial services or consulting organisation, in a lead role.
How we Reward You
In addition to an attractive salary you will also receive a number of excellent benefits including a non-contributory pension, private medical insurance, attractive annual bonus scheme, life assurance, a share incentive plan, bonus sacrifice arrangements to name but a few.
We are extremely proud of The St. James’s Place Foundation. It is a grant-making charity where funds are raised and donated by the St. James’s Place community. The Company matches all funds raised or donated, pound for pound and since its setup in 1992 we have raised and distributed in excess of £60 million to good causes operating in the UK and abroad.
We have received much recognition for the high quality of advice and service we provide to our clients. Most recently, this has included being voted the: '2017 Best Private Client Investment Manager'by readers of Wealth Adviser magazine; 'Best Financial Advisor’ atThe Personal Finance Awards’and the 2017 City of London ' Wealth Management Company of the Year'. We are also the current holders of the 'Britain’s Most Admired Companies Award’ within our sector.
- Business Architecture
- Data Architecture
- Business Design
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job