As a Business Architect, you will lead business architecture activities across Argos Financial Services and Sainsbury’s Bank change initiatives. You will support the Strategic Designer in providing design leadership, design governance and management of key design knowledge and artefacts. This will include business operating models and the business process framework.
You will be joining Argos Financial Services where our aim is to make life better every day for Argos customers. We help customers afford and protect what matters most, offering products and services including Credit, Warranties & Insurance. Here, you can be part of something bigger and help to create a new approach that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are part of Sainsbury’s Bank and in this role, you’ll report into the Strategic Designer.
As a Business Architect, you will lead the design activity for a selection of projects (one or more depending on complexity of change) throughout their lifecycle, including;
- The definition of design and design governance approach and expected business design deliverables.
- Representing Business Architecture at all relevant stakeholder activities including project steering and working groups and supplier liaison.
- Providing design leadership as appropriate for the project and lifecycle phase, leading during high level design, oversight, governance and design troubleshooting during detailed design and beyond.
- Creation of business design deliverables (e.g. Level 0/1 assets and option papers)
- Working with IT architecture to draw together business and IT design activities and deliverables to form a complete and coherent end to end solution design, including establishing the design baseline for subsequent change.
- Co-ordinating and task-managing the work of contributing architects and business analysts in line with project plans.
- Maintenance of reference architecture assets as a result of change initiatives.
- Tracking business design progress, completeness and quality.
- Leading identification and resolution of design issues, risks and gaps for projects.
As a Business Architect, you will have;
- A proven track record of leading design on change initiatives across several business areas.
- Strong relationship management skills, with a proven ability to influence at a Senior Management level, including the ability to manage potentially conflicting demands of a variety of stakeholders.
- The ability to recognise the importance of the customer, including supporting or enabling decisions to be made based on customer strategies, feedback, insights and trends.
- Proficiency in translating complex technical issues and concepts clearly to meet the needs of the audience.
- Experience of working in a complex sourcing environment with multiple diverse partnerships.
- High standards of document production and review including but not limited to Business Models, functional requirements, process maps, test plans and business cases.
As well as the opportunity to join a great team you will also receive a competitive salary, 24 days’ holiday, and a range of other great benefits. We will support you in developing your skills to build the career you want.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join Argos. We are capitalising on our success and going through a great transformation. It’s a period of expansion and rejuvenation; we’re shaking things up and creating more opportunities than ever before.
As this role involves working in a regulated environment any offer made will be subject to satisfactory background checks including criminal record check, credit check and employment references.
- Business Architecture
- Project Design
- Change Programmes
- Enterprise Architecture
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job