Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Business Analyst - UK Tax
As a Business Analyst in the UK Tax team, you’ll be responsible for supporting a cross functional, software development team in understanding the UK Tax and statutory reporting landscape and ensuring we are ahead of the game with regulatory changes and emerging needs of accountants.
It's an exciting time at Xero UK as we seek to build out brand new product teams focusing on developing new products to support our customers. You will work closely with Developers, Designers, Product Managers and Product Owners to create brand new software and support Xero’s existing solutions.
This role can be fully remote, with the option to also work from one of our offices which are based in London, Manchester and Milton Keynes.You will have the opportunity to
- Identify, interpret and document (as a Business Analyst) the detailed regulatory and financial compliance needs and calculations to support Xero’s UK Tax solutions, ensuring that these items are added to work to do
- Provide technical compliance guidance and support around tax legislation and calculations (such as legislative budget changes and Making Tax Digital), for the Xero Tax product team to ensure they are aware of upcoming changes (providing input into the roadmap)
- Liaise with our external advisories and provide solutions to any technical compliance queries that may arise
- Conduct walkthroughs, testing and assist in verifying the changes implemented are correct
- Proven experience working as a Business Analyst in a software / product environment
- Experience working in a cross functional environment and collaborating with Developers/ Designers etc.
- A background in tax and accounting and/or tax/accounting knowledge would be highly desirable, with understanding of statutory reporting and UK tax legislation
- Research experience, able to disseminate information into clear and concise requirements to support product development.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package with benefits that support a range of lifestyle choices and requirements and the opportunity to participate in Xero’s success through our Long Term Incentive scheme. Xero has rapidly expanding offices in London, Milton Keynes and Manchester and our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, and Disability Confident committed. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'