Shared Services Connected Ltd was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria, in 2013 as part of the Government’s Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. We deliver best in class business transformation programmes to across the Public Sector with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public.
We have established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across Government and Public Sector.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.
The day job
Are you an experienced Business Analyst looking for your next challenge? Are you looking for early responsibility and career progression opportunities? If so this role could be phenomenal for you!
Our team at SSCL work on a variety of large scale technical and business transformation project for a range of our Government clients and the role allows you the opportunity to really make a difference and see the project from cradle to grave!
The Business Analyst will undertake business analysis on medium complexity, medium risk, projects or work as part of a team working on high complexity, high risk, business critical projects. They may work directly with the business to provide consultancy to help craft a business vision, or undertake analysis, design, testing and implementation services on high complexity, high risk business critical systems (or sub systems). Work within established processes, procedures and guidance, with minimum day-to-day supervision, to deliver a range of support services to an agreed standard or specification.
The role can currently be carried out remotely however demands for travel will increase once restriction allow and will depend on each specific project.
- Delivers assignment in accordance with agreed scope, time, financial and quality measures
- Provide support into the clients business model and / or Target Operating Model and identifying need for IT or business modelling
- Ensures effective client engagement and stakeholder management during assignment
- Ensures risk management plans are in place for assignment
- Elicit requirements using a number of techniques such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, use cases, scenarios and analysis of business process
- Build detailed investigation and documentation of business requirements, process and data modelling, production of use cases and user documentation
You need to have:
- Proven experience as a Business Analyst
- Exceptional communication skills and stakeholder management (written and oral)
- Demonstrate key knowledge of their domain and an interest in leading trends and practices
- Sound knowledge and experience of associated tools, techniques and methods within their specialist area
- Experience delivering technology and business change solutions within medium to large scale business and IT transformation programmes
- Has business analysis skills that are solution independent and transferable to many business scenarios
- Able to work in a client facing environment and possess a strong general eye for business
- Comfortable working in the very early stages of projects, helping shape unclear scope & requirements
It would be great if you had:
- Experience of working in both Agile (Scrum) & waterfall environments
- Demonstrable experience of working with clients in a consultancy environment
- Knowledge of one or more formal business process and requirements modelling techniques (e.g. IDEF modelling, UML, Use Cases, BPMN)
- Demonstrate previous management and leadership experience in a similar role
- ISEB BA certification and / or science and technical based degree
- Experienced in working in public sector environments
- Experience using PEGA
Full time permanent
Location Newport, Blackpool, Salford, London - Remote currently travel required once restriction allow
Security Clearance Level SC
Internal Recruiter Amelia
Salary £30-35k per annum
Benefits 25 days annual leave with the option to buy additional days, life assurance, pension, and generous flexible benefits fund
- Business Transformation
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'