Business Analyst - 18 Month FTC
This role is responsible for working in the Technology Services directorate to help deliver key business initiatives, continuous improvement projects and strategic objectives using technology, leveraging the significant investments being made across the organisation.
The role will mainly focus on developing and managing business requirements and processes for applying/using technology to satisfy business needs. As a business-facing role, the individual must be comfortable dealing with back-office personnel and senior stakeholders both within the business and the technology functions
The individual will need to develop a good understanding of the functions of all the directorates and the interaction between these which drive NHS PS' operations, as their work could be driven by any of the directorates.
They should be able to plan their own work
They have some responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources.
Able to make decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives and perform a broad range of complex technical or professional work activities, in a variety of contexts.
Capable of selecting appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications and demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving, communicating fluently, and be able to present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Able to plan, schedule and monitor their work to meet time and quality targets and in accordance with relevant legislation and procedures, rapidly absorbing new technical information and applying it effectively.
Key areas of activity:
Business analysis and process management
- Work with business unit/directorate/functional leads to document and prioritise new business requirements, whilst also working with Business Relationship Managers, CyberSec, Infrastructure and Architecture to transform these requirements into fit-for-purpose solution designs for implementation.
- Work with Business Relationship Managers to help move project ideas into the Project Initiation Stage.
- Elicit requirements and their accurate prioritisation using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and task and workflow analysis.
- Develop, own and obtain business sign-off of the Functional and Non-Functional Requirements Specifications.
- Liaise with IT project teams to communicate business priorities, translate business requirements into technical requirements and identify appropriate solutions.
- Negotiate innovative business solutions that satisfycustomer needs, are consistent with architectural guidelines, and conform to security standards.
- Support the Business Intelligence (BI) team by obtaining confirmation and clarity of business requirements for data visualisations/dashboards being developed, where required.
- Develop and own user stories and acceptance criteria for all agile development
- Support backlog refinement and lead backlog refinement when required.
- Support test leads in UAT.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and decompose high-level information into details.
- Design and specify workflows, approval processes, and validation rules based on internal stakeholder requirements.
- Produce process documentation using standard BPMN.
- Develop as-is and to-be process maps and use industry recognised process improvement techniques, such as Six Sigma, to identify and propose opportunities for improving processes.
- Develop acceptance criteria for testing in consultation with customers and to the standards required by the testing team.
- Support the development of SOPs for the business using NHS PS guidance and tools.
Stakeholder management and Leadership
- Lead requirements gathering workshops and other meetings with stakeholders to elicit requirements.
- Gain a thorough knowledge of the domain of the organisation and apply the knowledge effectively in unfamiliar situations
- Serve as a conduit between the customer community and the software vendors/partners through which requirements flow.
- Liaise with vendor partners to identify optimal solutions to meet business requirement
- Drive & challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans & tasks as part of an over-arching programme or project.
- Work across multiple projects.
- Act in a Project Co-ordinator capacity when required,
- Forge a strong working relationship with the project manager, deputising in meetings where required.
- Participate in each stage of a project, ensuring the original requirements are tracked through to delivery and end user acceptance.
- Prepare and deliver where required informative, well-organised presentations and contribute to business cases.
- Support training manager by documenting user manuals to describe application installation & operating procedures
- Document changes to the design & implementation of existing solutions and new solutions.
- Assist with on-going support requests from Application Support Analysts where appropriate.
- Create training materials & documentation for business users where required.
- Work with business unit/directorate/functional leads & perform gap analysis to identify required changes and communicate information to rest of Technology Services team.
- Support project managers in change management activities, such as business readiness assessments.
- "business analyst"
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'